A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Plusnet Capping



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 10th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 212
Default Plusnet Capping

Walt wrote:

It looks like its catching

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/tiscali_hogs/

Tiscali UK has expelled "just over 500" broadband users for excessive
use of the ISP's high-speed internet service. Those who've received
their marching orders are being given the opportunity to leave Tiscali
"without penalty.

The ISP says the bandwidth "hogs" have gorged on between 30 Gig and
150 Gig a month. At the same time, the average Tiscali UK punter uses
less than a Gig a month


Bandwidth is extremely cheap.
This fiasco is catching with idiot operators sending their
data through keyholes and then laughing all
the way to the bank blaming punters.
Those screeming greedy bitches.

Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.

  #2  
Old February 10th 05, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 237
Default Plusnet Capping


"7" wrote in message
. uk...

Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.


Yes maybe if you live 100yards from the exchange :-)


  #3  
Old February 10th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jimbob
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Plusnet Capping

Beck wrote:
"7" wrote in message
. uk...

Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.


Yes maybe if you live 100yards from the exchange :-)


And if you have a spare 80 a month.


  #4  
Old February 10th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 807
Default Plusnet Capping

7 wrote:
Walt wrote:

It looks like its catching

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/tiscali_hogs/

Tiscali UK has expelled "just over 500" broadband users for excessive
use of the ISP's high-speed internet service. Those who've received
their marching orders are being given the opportunity to leave Tiscali
"without penalty.

The ISP says the bandwidth "hogs" have gorged on between 30 Gig and
150 Gig a month. At the same time, the average Tiscali UK punter uses
less than a Gig a month


Bandwidth is extremely cheap.
This fiasco is catching with idiot operators sending their
data through keyholes and then laughing all


Bandwidth from BT isn't cheap.
Other than LLU, there is no other way to do ADSL.
  #5  
Old February 10th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,607
Default Plusnet Capping

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:57:52 GMT, 7
wrote:

Walt wrote:

It looks like its catching

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/tiscali_hogs/

Tiscali UK has expelled "just over 500" broadband users for excessive
use of the ISP's high-speed internet service. Those who've received
their marching orders are being given the opportunity to leave Tiscali
"without penalty.

The ISP says the bandwidth "hogs" have gorged on between 30 Gig and
150 Gig a month. At the same time, the average Tiscali UK punter uses
less than a Gig a month


Bandwidth is extremely cheap.
This fiasco is catching with idiot operators sending their
data through keyholes and then laughing all
the way to the bank blaming punters.
Those screeming greedy bitches.

Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.


For the very tiny fraction of the population living within throwing
distance of an LLU enabled exchange, perhaps.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
There's my way, and then there's the easy way.

To reply by email, my address is alexATheneyDOTplusDOTcom
  #7  
Old February 10th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Plusnet Capping

In article ,
Jimbob meand wrote:
Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.


Yes maybe if you live 100yards from the exchange :-)


And if you have a spare 80 a month.


Also known as 39.99 inc vat with 500GB cap ...
www.ukonline.net/8

Zane.
  #8  
Old February 10th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 237
Default Plusnet Capping


wrote in message ...
In article ,
Jimbob meand wrote:
Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.

Yes maybe if you live 100yards from the exchange :-)


And if you have a spare 80 a month.


Also known as 39.99 inc vat with 500GB cap ...
www.ukonline.net/8


Just an observation here but why would anyone need 8mb connection?


  #9  
Old February 10th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 96
Default Plusnet Capping

On Thursday 10 February 2005 22:33 Beck wrote:


wrote in message
...
In article ,
Jimbob meand wrote:
Ditch them and go for competitors offering 8Mbit unlimited,
cable unlimited etc. They are around.

Yes maybe if you live 100yards from the exchange :-)

And if you have a spare 80 a month.


Also known as 39.99 inc vat with 500GB cap ...
www.ukonline.net/8


Just an observation here but why would anyone need 8mb connection?


That's not an observation, it's a question:-)

Answer - to download about 2.5 TBytes of data per month.
(and I'm sorry, but in answer to your next question, I don't know!:-))

Bill
  #10  
Old February 10th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 96
Default Plusnet Capping

On Thursday 10 February 2005 19:57 7 wrote:

Bandwidth is extremely cheap.


What do you believe the cost of bandwidth to be?
i.e. what do you reckon the ISP is paying for it?

Bill
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metronet Threaten Capping.... Steve K uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 9 February 4th 05 02:09 AM
BT enforcing capping? Damot uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 8 November 19th 04 08:00 PM
A question on capping [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 13 July 4th 04 01:41 AM
freeserve broadband capping Bhavik Dhokia uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 May 3rd 04 10:27 AM
capping query Me uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 7 April 19th 04 04:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.