Little bit confused ..............

Old February 11th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Little bit confused ..............

Perhaps someone can help me

Am I right in believeing that the capping policy is not being enforced
when my line is upgraded but will be at a later date sometime after
you are able to check on line what your usage is
Sorry for being a bit dumb on this but the e-mail I recieved informing
me was a bit ambiguous ,it implys that the cap is in place at the
moment

"You'll keep your 30GB (gigabyte) monthly usage allowance with your
new 2Mb service. 30GB usage is more than enough for the vast majority
of customers.

My concern is that I like to watch the football on line on a Saturday
afternoon and 6hrs of streaming video may not be enough along with my
sons usage

Can someone either confirm my thoughts or correct me

TIA

Osiris
Old February 11th 05, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:27:20 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

In article , JC johncalias-
newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk, a.k.a says...

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:02:44 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

[...]

My concern is that I like to watch the football on line on a Saturday
afternoon and 6hrs of streaming video may not be enough along with my
sons usage

Bear in mind that is a monthly cap, so you are talking about 4x6 hours of
streaming football!!

30Gb will be nowhere near enough!

But it is perfectly normal and acceptable usage, IMO

BT. Backwards Thinking.

Even more galling, given some of the statements in the press release at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...f-0a59d9f793cc

"These higher speeds will pave the way for new services such as
video-over-broadband and also allow customers to get more from multiple
connections. This will be ideal for families, for example, allowing them to
simultaneously connect a PC, laptop, games console, or other
internet-enabled device. "

All on a 30GB *data transfer* cap!!

--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old February 11th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

wrote:

[...]

What rate do you think it will be streaming at?

It does, of course, depend on what else he (and his son) do with the
connection.

But even if you were right about the 4x6 hours, 30GB would cover 24
hours of streaming at the likely rate.

Having said which, a football match is 1.5 hours, so I think by saying
6 hours, he had already taken the 4 Saturdays into account.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.