Upgrade Question for PlusNet Support

Old February 11th 05, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

Default Upgrade Question for PlusNet Support

Guys as an existing and happy customer I was going to change my service
up to 2Mb & 4GB d/l a month as under the new options this would work out
cheaper then my existing package. According to the FAQ I should be
charged an addition 14.99 for a line regrade but when I went to process
the order it came up as an additional 29.99. Can you please clarify
what the costs etc. should be as I was unable to find anything to
explain the 29.99

Cheers.

Old February 11th 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Sean wrote:

Guys as an existing and happy customer I was going to change my
service up to 2Mb & 4GB d/l a month as under the new options this
would work out cheaper then my existing package. According to the FAQ
I should be charged an addition 14.99 for a line regrade but when I
went to process the order it came up as an additional 29.99. Can you
please clarify what the costs etc. should be as I was unable to find
anything to explain the 29.99

Cheers.

If you're *saving* by doing this, I assume that you're on an uncapped
service at the moment?

AIUI, there's a fee for 'downgrading' from uncapped to capped, and another
one for 'upgrading' to a higher speed.

See the price list at
https://portal.plus.net/support/adsl...upgrades.shtml
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old February 11th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

On the Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:23:10 -0000, Tiscali Tim uttered forth the
following...

If you're *saving* by doing this, I assume that you're on an uncapped
service at the moment?

Nope.. capped at 2Gb for a 1Mb connection and paying 23.99 where as the
2Mb & 4Gb cap will only cost me 19.99
Old February 11th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:23:10 -0000, "Tiscali Tim" wrote:

Sean wrote:

Guys as an existing and happy customer I was going to change my
service up to 2Mb & 4GB d/l a month as under the new options this
would work out cheaper then my existing package. According to the FAQ
I should be charged an addition 14.99 for a line regrade but when I
went to process the order it came up as an additional 29.99. Can you
please clarify what the costs etc. should be as I was unable to find
anything to explain the 29.99

Cheers.

If you're *saving* by doing this, I assume that you're on an uncapped
service at the moment?

AIUI, there's a fee for 'downgrading' from uncapped to capped, and another
one for 'upgrading' to a higher speed.

Company seems to have a pricing policy like no other. In any case why go faster, when before you
know it you will be in the naught boys room with a connection to the outside world only slightly
better than a dial up service.

David Bradley

Old February 12th 05, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"David Bradley" wrote
[...]

No danger of this whatsoever. He wants Lite with 4GB/month included, not
the Premier 'unlimited' product.

Old February 12th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"Sean" wrote in message
T...
On the Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:23:10 -0000, Tiscali Tim uttered forth the
following...

If you're *saving* by doing this, I assume that you're on an uncapped
service at the moment?

Nope.. capped at 2Gb for a 1Mb connection and paying 23.99 where as the
2Mb & 4Gb cap will only cost me 19.99

Hi,

The reason for the 29.99 charge is because the system sees it as a
downgrade which includes a BT regrade charge.

If I am honest I would say wait until next week before making the change.
One of our plans is to put all our customers on MaxDSL which will allow
customers to connect at the maximum speed their line will allow.

--
With Regards,

Dave,