1MB/30GB becomes 2MB/15GB - no 2MB/30GB option!

Old February 11th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default 1MB/30GB becomes 2MB/15GB - no 2MB/30GB option!

Recived letter from BT stating being upgraded from 1MB to 2MB but letter
stated 15Gb limit whereas I am now on 30GB limit. Phoned BT to be told
there is no 2MB/30GB option and they will not hold me to contract if I
wished to find another provider. Either that or purchase extra GB at 2 per
GB.

Anybody know any different.

Cheers, Mike.
Old February 11th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"M" wrote in message
Recived letter from BT stating being upgraded from 1MB to 2MB but letter
stated 15Gb limit whereas I am now on 30GB limit. Phoned BT to be told
there is no 2MB/30GB option and they will not hold me to contract if I
wished to find another provider. Either that or purchase extra GB at 2
per
GB.

This is contrary to the information they are giving on their official page.
They state that the 2mb allowance is to be 30GB a month, the 15gb allowance
is for the standard 512 service.

Old February 11th 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sniffer

Take a look at

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...f-0a59d9f793cc

Straight from the horses mouth

Old February 11th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:10:09 +0000, M wrote:

Recived letter from BT stating being upgraded from 1MB to 2MB but letter
stated 15Gb limit whereas I am now on 30GB limit. Phoned BT to be told
there is no 2MB/30GB option and they will not hold me to contract if I
wished to find another provider. Either that or purchase extra GB at 2 per
GB.

Anybody know any different.

Cheers, Mike.

The email I had from BT says different ...

Jim
Old February 11th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Thanks for the replies...

and for the link. I see where my confusion comes from now - I'm on BT
Broadband which has a limit of 15GB whereas BT Yahoo! Broadband is offering
the 30Gb per month option.

Thanks again,

Cheers, Mike.

Old February 11th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
none

typical ,you are dealing with shysters

Old February 11th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Danny

"M" wrote in message

Recived letter from BT stating being upgraded from 1MB to 2MB but letter
stated 15Gb limit whereas I am now on 30GB limit. Phoned BT to be told
there is no 2MB/30GB option and they will not hold me to contract if I
wished to find another provider. Either that or purchase extra GB at 2
per
GB.

Anybody know any different.

Cheers, Mike.

From that list, it would appear to be a good move to get business
broadband single - 2mb and no cap for the same price (not what it says
on BT website though)

--
Regards,
Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.dannyscoffee.com (UK advert for my mobile espresso service)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/European online ordering for Malabar
Gold blend)
swap Z for above characters in email address to reply

Old February 11th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Danny" wrote in message

From that list, it would appear to be a good move to get business
broadband single - 2mb and no cap for the same price (not what it says on
BT website though)

Good luck. You need to give them a business name if you apply.

Old February 11th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooter

"Sniffer" wrote in message
Take a look at

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...f-0a59d9f793cc

Straight from the horses mouth

At least now I know exactly when the cap is introduced. usage allowance will
take effect one month after installation for new customers and one month
after existing customers are migrated. So i have 1 month of hammering then
off to another ISP