Moving from BT considering Plus.Net but what is fair use download limit?

Old February 12th 05, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

Default Moving from BT considering Plus.Net but what is fair use download limit?

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Thanks
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old February 12th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

John Perry wrote:

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

From reading this newsgroup I don't think that ANYONE knows how much
"fair usage" is.
Old February 12th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

John Perry wrote:

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Thanks

Theya re still working it out !
To be safe I would use 30GB as the least you would get, with 100GB as a
best case if looking to transfer now.

Perhaps we should have a sweepstake !

Bill

Old February 12th 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

Bill wrote:

John Perry wrote:

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Theya re still working it out !
To be safe I would use 30GB as the least you would get, with 100GB as a
best case if looking to transfer now.

If it is 30GB, then I will not move to PlusNet, but if 100GB I will.
Their web site is very vague about this, but good otherwise.
Old February 12th 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"John Perry" wrote in message
news
Bill wrote:

John Perry wrote:

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Theya re still working it out !
To be safe I would use 30GB as the least you would get, with 100GB as a
best case if looking to transfer now.

If it is 30GB, then I will not move to PlusNet, but if 100GB I will.
Their web site is very vague about this, but good otherwise.

I just love this article, more isps should implement it :-)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11...net_clampdown/

Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet has moved around 240 of its heaviest broadband
users onto a new platform after warning them that they were using the
service too much.

Those who've been shunted onto the "bad boy pipe" say their broadband
service has deteriorated markedly since the move.

But PlusNet - which boasts some 80,000 broadband customer - insists it was
forced to take action after this small minority of users abused the service.

According to industry figures, the average usage per subscriber is 7 gig a
month. But some of those collared in PlusNet's clampdown are gobbling up a
whopping 500 - 600 gig a month, a spokesman told The Register.

"We are protecting the network for a vast majority of our users," he said. ®

Old February 12th 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:15:58 -0000, "Beck"
wrote:

Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet has moved around 240 of its heaviest broadband
users onto a new platform after warning them that they were using the
service too much.

Those who've been shunted onto the "bad boy pipe" say their broadband
service has deteriorated markedly since the move.

This is old news and the experiment was not a success.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old February 12th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

John Perry wrote:
I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Personally, I'd hold off for a month, to see what the plusnet cap is.
I consider it likely that during this period, some other ISPs will
introduce caps.

Old February 12th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

John Perry wrote:
I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair

use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

Thanks
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk

surely Bulldog must give the best deal right now . 4MB uncapped for 6
months at 15-50 per month plus the 10-50 monthly service charge instead
of paying BT you pay C&W .monthly contract so if you are not happy you
can move on ..

Old February 12th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

six-toes wrote:

John Perry wrote:
I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair

use
download limit is. Any comments?

Would anyone move to a provider other than PlusNet?

surely Bulldog must give the best deal right now . 4MB uncapped for 6
months at 15-50 per month plus the 10-50 monthly service charge instead
of paying BT you pay C&W .monthly contract so if you are not happy you
can move on ..

If you're one of the few that can get it.