BT Broadband

Old February 12th 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Parry

Default BT Broadband

Have they got major issues today?

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are extremely
busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Old February 12th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Have they got major issues today?

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are extremely
busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650
and a 520i SE Touring for comfort

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

There are problems in many areas today....

Zen reports the following....

BT Major Service Incident(Latest)
Partial
Start: Sat, 12/02/2005 10:00 GMT

End: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Update: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Clear:

BT have provided an estimated time of repair of 7.30pm today.

Old February 12th 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"M" wrote in message

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Have they got major issues today?

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are extremely
busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650
and a 520i SE Touring for comfort

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

There are problems in many areas today....

Zen reports the following....

BT Major Service Incident(Latest)
Partial
Start: Sat, 12/02/2005 10:00 GMT

End: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Update: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Clear:

BT have provided an estimated time of repair of 7.30pm today.

More.....

ADSL
There has been an update to the original posted incident.

BT Major Service Incident(Latest)
Partial
Start: Sat, 12/02/2005 10:00 GMT

End: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Update: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Clear:

BT have provided an estimated time of repair of 7.30pm today.

Sat, 12/02/2005 13:39 GMT

Update

Partial
Further details indicate the problems relate to a Major Service Outage at
BT's Manchester RAS - which serves large portions of the North, and can also
be used for connectivity elsewhere in the UK.

Many customers are unable to authenticate, while others will be seeing
frequent drops in connectivity.

BT continue to work on resolving this fault, but are still unable to provide
an estimated time of repair.

Posted by: Phil D.Long
Sat, 12/02/2005 12:58 GMT

New

Partial
A major service incident has resulted in login problems for ADSL customers
since 10am. BT have been working on restoring service to affected areas.

Posted by: Phil D.Long

Old February 12th 05, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Parry

M fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Have they got major issues today?

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are
extremely busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

--

There are problems in many areas today....

Zen reports the following....

BT Major Service Incident(Latest)
Partial
Start: Sat, 12/02/2005 10:00 GMT

End: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Update: Sat, 12/02/2005 19:30 GMT

Clear:

BT have provided an estimated time of repair of 7.30pm today.

Thanks for that ..

I finally got a response from their helpdesk jsut after I posted ...

"There are some fairly widespread network outages at the moment I'm
afraid, which are still being dealt with by the Engineers - we apologise
for any inconvenience caused, and aim to have it resolved in the next
couple of hours. If at all possible, please try it again at around 6pm,
and let us know if you're still having any problems then."

Oh hum ..

Old February 12th 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:13:53 -0000, "M" wrote:

Zen reports the following....

Do you have a URL for such status reports, please (or is it only
open to customers) ? Thanks.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old February 12th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Peter M" wrote in message
. 85...
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:13:53 -0000, "M" wrote:

Zen reports the following....

Do you have a URL for such status reports, please (or is it only
open to customers) ? Thanks.

Zen's is at http://status.zensupport.co.uk/

Regards
Sunil

Old February 12th 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Have they got major issues today?

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are

extremely
busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

A friend of a friend says BT told them it will be down until Tuesday!

Old February 12th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:09:10 UTC, "Cullen Skink"
wrote:

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are

extremely
busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

A friend of a friend says BT told them it will be down until Tuesday!

Official notice from BT was for 1930 today. Now revised by BT to 0400
Sunday.

AAISP publish the unadorned MSO notices from BT on their newsgroup...

Old February 13th 05, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

wrote:

My broadband fails to connect, although the line says the service is
available and I've just spent 90 mins listening to the "We are
extremely busy yadda yadd yadda" on hold voice on their helpline.

A friend of a friend says BT told them it will be down until Tuesday!

Official notice from BT was for 1930 today. Now revised by BT to 0400
Sunday.

AAISP publish the unadorned MSO notices from BT on their newsgroup...

Don't 'spose you could post it... or offer a URL?

Old February 13th 05, 01:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J