ADSL 512k

Old February 13th 05, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent

Default ADSL 512k

I'm migrating from virgin 512k to another isp
i've been looking at prodigynet.co.uk
for about 23 per month and no migration fee,
Does anybody have any experience with them?
or if anyone else has any other recommendations on other adsl isp's only
musts are
uncapped,
keeping the price down is my main objective

Thank you
Trent

Old February 13th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

i've been looking at prodigynet.co.uk
for about 23 per month and no migration fee,
Does anybody have any experience with them?
or if anyone else has any other recommendations on other adsl isp's
only musts are
uncapped,
keeping the price down is my main objective

Thank you
Trent

Depends what you mean by "uncapped". PlusNet's 'uncapped' 512k service costs
21.99 pcm - with free migration from another ISP. But they are starting to
put restrictions on very heavy users - so uncapped no longer means
"infinite". Unless you want to use literally tens of GB per month, you'd be
ok.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old February 13th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

i've been looking at prodigynet.co.uk
for about 23 per month and no migration fee,
Does anybody have any experience with them?
or if anyone else has any other recommendations on other adsl isp's
only musts are
uncapped,
keeping the price down is my main objective

Thank you
Trent

Depends what you mean by "uncapped". PlusNet's 'uncapped' 512k service

costs
21.99 pcm - with free migration from another ISP. But they are starting

put restrictions on very heavy users - so uncapped no longer means
"infinite". Unless you want to use literally tens of GB per month, you'd

be
ok.

That considering nobody knows what the cap/s are gonna be is a huge
sweeping statement.
To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the large
adsl list on ispreview, the ones i have mentioned though have NO caps and
are all under 20 quid per month ) prodigy that you have looked at seem to
have mostly happy peeps though, so they shouldnt be a bad choice.
Personally id avoid PN at this moment in time as they dont seem to be able
to make up their mind what type of limitation/cap they are gonna apply to
the service (this is their second scheme they have came up with thus far)
HTH

Old February 13th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent

To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the large

Thanks for your reply. I use roughly 30-35GB month. so its quite high (most
are capped at 20gb i find)
have checked out what youve mentioned. and they do seem better (esp
hi-velocity only 3 month contract if it all goes pear shaped!)

Thanks once again!

Old February 13th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:48:55 UTC, "Trent" wrote:

To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the large

Thanks for your reply. I use roughly 30-35GB month. so its quite high (most
are capped at 20gb i find)
have checked out what youve mentioned. and they do seem better (esp
hi-velocity only 3 month contract if it all goes pear shaped!)

But bear in mind that this advice is from someone who does not have
ADSL, and has never had ADSL... but likes to slag off ISPs.
Old February 13th 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:48:55 -0000, "Trent" wrote:

To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the large

Thanks for your reply. I use roughly 30-35GB month. so its quite high (most
are capped at 20gb i find)

That is high enough that you would probably be at least close to the
Plusnet limits.

We don't know yet what the limits will be, but the odds are it will be
somewhere in the 30-50GB range for 512K.

I certainly would not want to risk PN at the moment if I had usage at
that sort of level.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Moderators are not God. God has mercy.

Old February 14th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Trent" wrote in message

To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap

service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i

mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the

large

Thanks for your reply. I use roughly 30-35GB month. so its quite high

(most
are capped at 20gb i find)
have checked out what youve mentioned. and they do seem better (esp
hi-velocity only 3 month contract if it all goes pear shaped!)

Thanks once again!

No problem )
*No doubt the PN fanboys will be along to try to say otherwise shortly,
like they always do*

Old February 14th 05, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:48:55 -0000, "Trent" wrote:

To the original poster, if its 512k you want and you want a cheap

service
have a look at hi-velocity, efh, adsl4less, and v21 (the last 2 i

mention
though do have mixed reports) there are others, have a look at the

large

Thanks for your reply. I use roughly 30-35GB month. so its quite high

(most
are capped at 20gb i find)

That is high enough that you would probably be at least close to the
Plusnet limits.

We don't know yet what the limits will be, but the odds are it will be
somewhere in the 30-50GB range for 512K.

I certainly would not want to risk PN at the moment if I had usage at
that sort of level.

My i am shocked, and for once agree with you Alex
Now if only the likes of sponge bob could gain some common sense with his
replies and we could all be happy.

Old February 14th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Bulldog have 4MB UNCAPPED for 6 months on a monthly contract .
after that its 400 minutes ,but by then there will be cheaper offers as
they are all slashing prices monthly so dont get locked into a yearly
contract ,things are moving fast , pricewise .

Old February 14th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"six-toes" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bulldog have 4MB UNCAPPED for 6 months on a monthly contract .
after that its 400 minutes ,but by then there will be cheaper offers as
they are all slashing prices monthly so dont get locked into a yearly
contract ,things are moving fast , pricewise .

Yes, however have you read the bulldog reviews on ispreview? i wouldnt want
bulldog
Also isnt their 4 meg service for LLU capable customers only? (i could be
wrong on that)