Virgin CDROM question.

Old February 13th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Squidger

Default Virgin CDROM question.

I am about to order Virgin broadband, but messed up my CD-ROM drive
making it inoperable.

Can someone who has Virgin confirm that the drivers I can download at
http://speedtouch.virgin.net/drivers.asp are the same as those that come
with the CD at
http://www.virgin.net/customers/broa...tall_CD_pc.htm

The second page says: "This will now automatically install the
Speedtouch USB Driver and program files for you." So, does that mean I
have to use the CD because there are "program files" as well as the drivers?

Thanks.
Old February 13th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:28:26 +0000, Big Squidger
wrote:

I am about to order Virgin broadband, but messed up my CD-ROM drive
making it inoperable.

They're dirt cheap new. Be a devil, treat yourself.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old February 13th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Squidger

wrote:

I am about to order Virgin broadband, but messed up my CD-ROM drive
making it inoperable.

They're dirt cheap new. Be a devil, treat yourself.
--

Point taken. I use a laptop, so would need an external drive, I guess.
Amazon have them for 48.
Old February 14th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

wrote:

I am about to order Virgin broadband, but messed up my CD-ROM drive
making it inoperable.

They're dirt cheap new. Be a devil, treat yourself.
--

Point taken. I use a laptop, so would need an external drive, I guess.
Amazon have them for ?48.

Laptop CD mechanisms are fairly standard - replacing the interior unit
isn't that hard (IME), you can get a suitable CD from ebay.