Plusnet charing flat rate for all speeds

Old February 14th 05, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jose

Default Plusnet charing flat rate for all speeds

I recently upgraded to their 1MB lite payg for £14.99 pm from the uncapped
512K premier service because I hardly downloaded more than 3GB a month
previously so it would work out cheaper for me in the long run. However,
they're now introducing a flat rate of £14.99 for all lite users across from
512K to 2MB.
I then wrote to them to see if I'm entitled to a free upgrade to 2MB since
they're now charging the same and besides, I just paid an upgrade fee of
£29.99 when I move from 512K to their 1MB service. They came back saying
'Bad luck mate, it so happened you made your upgrade when we're about to
revise our pricing structure and if we now upgrade you to 2MB, BT would
still charge us/you another upgrade fee'.
Would like to hear from someone who has the same experience.

Old February 14th 05, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Jose wrote:

Would like to hear from someone who has the same experience.

Why? So can whinge privately to each other about it, rather than here?
Old February 14th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:15:55 -0000, Jose wrote:

[...]

Hi,

I can probably give you some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is unfortunately I can't upgrade you as a one off to 2Mbps
without a charge, however the good news is that we will shortly be
announcing MaxDSL. This will mean that we will upgrade all of our
customers speeds to the fastest their line will support. So if your line
can support 2Mbps then once we are able to roll out MaxDSL you'll have it,
and if your line can support 4 and 8Mbps, when we roll them out later in
the year you'll get them too.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old February 14th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:15:55 -0000, Jose wrote:

I recently upgraded to their 1MB lite payg for £14.99 pm from the
uncapped
512K premier service because I hardly downloaded more than 3GB a month
previously so it would work out cheaper for me in the long run. However,
they're now introducing a flat rate of £14.99 for all lite users across
from
512K to 2MB.
I then wrote to them to see if I'm entitled to a free upgrade to 2MB
since
they're now charging the same and besides, I just paid an upgrade fee of
£29.99 when I move from 512K to their 1MB service. They came back saying
'Bad luck mate, it so happened you made your upgrade when we're about to
revise our pricing structure and if we now upgrade you to 2MB, BT would
still charge us/you another upgrade fee'.
Would like to hear from someone who has the same experience.

Hi,

I can probably give you some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is unfortunately I can't upgrade you as a one off to 2Mbps
without a charge, however the good news is that we will shortly be
announcing MaxDSL. This will mean that we will upgrade all of our
customers speeds to the fastest their line will support. So if your line
can support 2Mbps then once we are able to roll out MaxDSL you'll have it,
and if your line can support 4 and 8Mbps, when we roll them out later in
the year you'll get them too.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net

Dave,

Is this an official announcement?

Old February 14th 05, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

the good news is that we will shortly be
announcing MaxDSL. This will mean that we will upgrade all of our
customers speeds to the fastest their line will support.

Oooh! Will it happen automatically or upon request? For Lite customers
and Premier ones?
Old February 14th 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote:

I can probably give you some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is unfortunately I can't upgrade you as a one off to 2Mbps
without a charge, however the good news is that we will shortly be
announcing MaxDSL. This will mean that we will upgrade all of our
customers speeds to the fastest their line will support. So if your line
can support 2Mbps then once we are able to roll out MaxDSL you'll have it,
and if your line can support 4 and 8Mbps, when we roll them out later in
the year you'll get them too.

With Regards,

Dave,

but with the bandwidth boble-hat in place depending on the plan you
are on?

cu

mgk
--
"Don't worry.No matter how fast your processor is,
software engineers/game's writer's are working as
Old February 14th 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:52:10 -0000, Trent SC wrote:

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:15:55 -0000, Jose wrote:

I recently upgraded to their 1MB lite payg for £14.99 pm from the
uncapped
512K premier service because I hardly downloaded more than 3GB a month
previously so it would work out cheaper for me in the long run.
However,
they're now introducing a flat rate of £14.99 for all lite users across
from
512K to 2MB.
I then wrote to them to see if I'm entitled to a free upgrade to 2MB
since
they're now charging the same and besides, I just paid an upgrade fee
of
£29.99 when I move from 512K to their 1MB service. They came back
saying
'Bad luck mate, it so happened you made your upgrade when we're about
revise our pricing structure and if we now upgrade you to 2MB, BT would
still charge us/you another upgrade fee'.
Would like to hear from someone who has the same experience.

Hi,

I can probably give you some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is unfortunately I can't upgrade you as a one off to 2Mbps
without a charge, however the good news is that we will shortly be
announcing MaxDSL. This will mean that we will upgrade all of our
customers speeds to the fastest their line will support. So if your line
can support 2Mbps then once we are able to roll out MaxDSL you'll have
it,
and if your line can support 4 and 8Mbps, when we roll them out later in
the year you'll get them too.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net

Dave,

Is this an official announcement?

The official announcement should be out later this week, but we are making
no secret of the fact that we will be doing this, just the finer details
are still being worked on.

Old February 14th 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:03:20 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

the good news is that we will shortly be announcing MaxDSL. This will
mean that we will upgrade all of our customers speeds to the fastest
their line will support.

Oooh! Will it happen automatically or upon request? For Lite customers
and Premier ones?

It will happen automatically for all Lite and Premier (and pre-CBC)
customers. I don't kow exactly when it will happen yet, that's one of the
finer points we are still working on, but what will happen is we will cut
a request into BT Wholesale to switch all our customers to MaxDSL.
Assuming 4 and 8Mbps aren't available on that date then everyone on
512kbps or 1Mbps will be upgraded to 2Mbps. BT Wholesale believe that most
of our customers will be able to get 2Mbps, but we know that some won't
and these we will then try for 1Mbps.

Once 4 and 8Mbps are available then again everyone will be switched over
to these speeds, but again some people's line won't support one or both of
these speeds.

Old February 14th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

It will happen automatically for all Lite and Premier (and pre-CBC)
customers.

Excellent news!

I don't kow exactly when it will happen yet

I thought I'd better not ask "when" ...

Once 4 and 8Mbps are available then again everyone will be switched
over to these speeds

I won't hold my breath for those speeds on *my* line :-(
Old February 14th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jose

wrote:

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

the good news is that we will shortly be announcing MaxDSL. This will
mean that we will upgrade all of our customers speeds to the fastest
their line will support.

Oooh! Will it happen automatically or upon request? For Lite customers
and Premier ones?

It will happen automatically for all Lite and Premier (and pre-CBC)
customers. I don't kow exactly when it will happen yet, that's one of the
finer points we are still working on, but what will happen is we will cut
a request into BT Wholesale to switch all our customers to MaxDSL.
Assuming 4 and 8Mbps aren't available on that date then everyone on
512kbps or 1Mbps will be upgraded to 2Mbps. BT Wholesale believe that most
of our customers will be able to get 2Mbps, but we know that some won't
and these we will then try for 1Mbps.

Once 4 and 8Mbps are available then again everyone will be switched over
to these speeds, but again some people's line won't support one or both of
these speeds.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business