Tiscali [wa%$ers] don't deserve your money (part 2)

Old February 15th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
silangdon

Default Tiscali [wa%$ers] don't deserve your money (part 2)

... following my complaint to them about a 25 overcharge they can't
even be arsed to get back to me to explain it. Nothing. Silence.

rant finished.
Old February 15th 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jimbob

Get used to it, they the ****test isp i've ever known.

Old February 15th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Jimbob wrote:

silangdon wrote:
... following my complaint to them about a 25 overcharge they can't
even be arsed to get back to me to explain it. Nothing. Silence.

rant finished.

Get used to it, they the ****test isp i've ever known.

Their dial up software can also crap out your PC if you try
to upgrade to broadband. (But thats true of some other software
service providers and some of the PC abuse and malware tricks they
use to retain customers.)

Old February 15th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"7" wrote in message
. uk...
Jimbob wrote:

snip

Get used to it, they the ****test isp i've ever known.

Their dial up software can also crap out your PC if you try
to upgrade to broadband. (But thats true of some other software
service providers and some of the PC abuse and malware tricks they
use to retain customers.)

Surely any ISP who makes installing software a requirement is pulling a fast
one, when all that is required is the installation of certain parameters
(dial up, port, IP numbers etc.) into the (almost certainly) already
existing software ?....

Old February 15th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , ":::Jerry::::"
writes
Surely any ISP who makes installing software a requirement is pulling a fast
one, when all that is required is the installation of certain parameters
(dial up, port, IP numbers etc.) into the (almost certainly) already
existing software ?....

I've never installed Tiscali software on any machine to use the
service... I have friends who use them BTW.
--
Clint Sharp
Old February 17th 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , ":::Jerry::::"
writes
Surely any ISP who makes installing software a requirement is pulling a
fast
one, when all that is required is the installation of certain parameters
(dial up, port, IP numbers etc.) into the (almost certainly) already
existing software ?....

I've never installed Tiscali software on any machine to use the service...
I have friends who use them BTW.
--
Clint Sharp

I have set up a couple of friends using Tiscali, just set up the parameters,
and all works fine.

Nigel