Plus.Net Free Speed Upgrades...

Old February 15th 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Coxy

Default Plus.Net Free Speed Upgrades...

I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays 22 for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same? Or will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Thanks.

Old February 15th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:34:18 -0000, "Coxy" wrote:

I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays 22 for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same? Or will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Wait for the official announcement.

They are supposed to be announcing the details sometime this week.
Until they do, nobody knows the answer to that type pf question.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Prune: A plum that has seen better days.

Old February 15th 05, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:34:18 -0000, Coxy wrote:

I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays 22
for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same? Or
will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's all been taken care of, but I can't say how yet.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old February 15th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Gibson

"Coxy" wrote in message ...
I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays 22
for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same? Or
will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Thanks.

Your friend can only download up to 30GB per month, whereas you can download
up to 50GB. This does not include your upload bandwidth OR downloading
between 0100 and 0800.

Just released by PlusNet:-

Broadband Premier Fair Usage Total "Fair Usage" Achievable
Product On Peak Levels Inc Off Peak (based on 2Mb)
21.99 30GB 230GB
29.99 50GB 250GB
39.99 75GB 275GB
49.99 100GB 300GB
59.99 125GB 325GB

Dave

Old February 15th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Dave Gibson" wrote in message

snip

Your friend can only download up to 30GB per month, whereas you can

download
up to 50GB. This does not include your upload bandwidth OR downloading
between 0100 and 0800.

Great for all the insomniacs then !

Old February 15th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pedge

"Dave Gibson" wrote in
:

"Coxy" wrote in message ...
I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays
22 for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same?
Or will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Thanks.

Your friend can only download up to 30GB per month, whereas you can
download up to 50GB. This does not include your upload bandwidth OR
downloading between 0100 and 0800.

Just released by PlusNet:-

Broadband Premier Fair Usage Total "Fair Usage" Achievable
Product On Peak Levels Inc Off Peak (based on 2Mb)
21.99 30GB 230GB
29.99 50GB 250GB
39.99 75GB 275GB
49.99 100GB 300GB
59.99 125GB 325GB

Dave

Where did you get this info from Dave?
Old February 15th 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

"Dave Gibson" wrote:

"Coxy" wrote in message ...
I have 1 question about this:

If I currently pay around 30 for a 1MB connection and a friend pays 22
for
512K, will we both get upgraded to 2MB and carry on paying the same? Or
will
my cost be decreased to 22.

Thanks.

Your friend can only download up to 30GB per month, whereas you can download
up to 50GB. This does not include your upload bandwidth OR downloading
between 0100 and 0800.

Just released by PlusNet:-

Broadband Premier Fair Usage Total "Fair Usage" Achievable
Product On Peak Levels Inc Off Peak (based on 2Mb)
21.99 30GB 230GB
29.99 50GB 250GB
39.99 75GB 275GB
49.99 100GB 300GB
59.99 125GB 325GB

That is very useful Dave, now one question. If for 3 consecutive months
I exceed the fair usage band I elect for, what happens to my download
limit? Is it cut from 2MB to 512k? or is the cutback something
different? Just want all the facts before I transfer.

--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old February 15th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Gibson

"Pedge" wrote in message
"Dave Gibson" wrote in
:

"Coxy" wrote in message ...

Where did you get this info from Dave?

PlusNet Portal

http://portal.plus.net/features/usage_guide.shtml

HTH

Dave

Old February 15th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Gibson

"John Perry" wrote in message

That is very useful Dave, now one question. If for 3 consecutive months
I exceed the fair usage band I elect for, what happens to my download
limit? Is it cut from 2MB to 512k? or is the cutback something
different? Just want all the facts before I transfer.

Well as far as I can see you have 3 options

1. Do nothing and you bandwidth is knackered to 128kbps for the remainder of
the month until your new billing period starts, whereupon it is rest to its
former glory.

2. Pay an extortionate amount for your over the top GB's

3. Upgrade

Seems fair to me though - 128k should be enough for basic internet stuff.

Dave

Old February 15th 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

"John Perry" wrote in message

That is very useful Dave, now one question. If for 3 consecutive months
I exceed the fair usage band I elect for, what happens to my download
limit? Is it cut from 2MB to 512k? or is the cutback something
different? Just want all the facts before I transfer.

Well as far as I can see you have 3 options

1. Do nothing and you bandwidth is knackered to 128kbps for the remainder
of the month until your new billing period starts, whereupon it is rest to
its former glory.

2. Pay an extortionate amount for your over the top GB's

3. Upgrade

Seems fair to me though - 128k should be enough for basic internet stuff.

Seems fair? A crippled service more or less equivalent to bonded channel
ISDN?

Gareth.