Confusion over BT Yahoo proposals

Old February 15th 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

Default Confusion over BT Yahoo proposals

I used to be on a 512k connection with BT and they supplied the frog USB
modem.

Next I upgraded to 1MB and BT Yahoo gave me the frog, but I am
responsible for the hardware now.

Question is, when BT upgrade the lines free to 2MB, does my:

1MB and 30GB/month at 29.99 become

2MB and 15GB/month at 25.99 or
2MB and 30GB/month at 29.99

or some other permutation. Just wish BT would make things clear to me.

in any case....Plus.Net....please hurry up with your announcement!

--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old February 15th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

John Perry wrote:

I used to be on a 512k connection with BT and they supplied the frog USB
modem.

Next I upgraded to 1MB and BT Yahoo gave me the frog, but I am
responsible for the hardware now.

Question is, when BT upgrade the lines free to 2MB, does my:

1MB and 30GB/month at 29.99 become

2MB and 15GB/month at 25.99 or
2MB and 30GB/month at 29.99

or some other permutation. Just wish BT would make things clear to me.

in any case....Plus.Net....please hurry up with your announcement!

Sorry, I was being lazy, just phoned BT on 0800 328 9041 and they
confirmed.

Price goes down to 26.99 from next billing day after tomorrow.

Usage cap reduced from 30GB/month to 15GB/month, but not enforced until
June.

My exchange will be updated to give 2MB sometime over the coming 5
months.

So - I have until May to be gone. No comment from them about going into
a bakers shop and buying a 800gr loaf for 1 one day, and going back for
the same loaf the next day and only getting a 400gr loaf for 90p.

Old February 15th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"John Perry" wrote in message
snip

Sorry, I was being lazy, just phoned BT on 0800 328 9041 and they
confirmed.

Price goes down to 26.99 from next billing day after tomorrow.

Usage cap reduced from 30GB/month to 15GB/month, but not enforced until
June.

I'm not at all surprised that they have had to wait until June to bring in
theses caps, seeing that they were still promoting and selling a product
with an 'advised' cap of 30GB/m and a one year contract 24 hrs before they
announced they were imposing an immediate 15GB/m cap on exciting contract,
which soon got changed just to new contract and to be imposed later on
excising contracts, it will be all but 12 months since the first
announcement wad made IYSWIM - I could have seen it all ending up in the Law
Courts otherwise....

Old February 15th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

John Perry wrote:

John Perry wrote:

[...]

Its not just a simple doubling of price but it comes with an implied
service....

i.e. I'm giving you half a load of bread *because* I served you
twice as quick.

WTF?! Who writes these kinds of scripts in BT$ land?
Its like some plot taken out of Black Adder.
These caps are an artificially created scarecity thought up by idiots
to meter and overcharge instead of using proper internet
ways of packet switching, buffering, and routing
permanently on connections.
After LLU is completed, these idiots will be taught the
hard way what all this means.

Old February 15th 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

7 wrote:

After LLU is completed, these idiots will be taught the
hard way what all this means.

Yep, come the day of the revolution and all that - but who is leading
the LLU charge?

Old February 15th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Mark Haringman" wrote in message
In my mail from BT it states that my cap will remain at 30GB/month.

Yep that's correct it's only the Broadband Basic users that will see their
cap reduced to 15GB a month.

Stephen

Old February 15th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"John Perry" wrote in message
John Perry wrote:

[...]

If they told you that you would have the Usage cap reduced from 30GB/month
to 15GB/month you are on BT Broadband 1MB (no frills) and not BT Yahoo
Broadband. They are different products.

BT Yahoo Broadband usage caps will stay at 30GB/month

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/14/bt_upgrade/

Nicola

Old February 16th 05, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

"Stephen Stewart" wrote:

"Mark Haringman" wrote in message
In my mail from BT it states that my cap will remain at 30GB/month.

Yep that's correct it's only the Broadband Basic users that will see their
cap reduced to 15GB a month.

I'm inclined to believe I was misinformed even though I stated I am
Yahoo. The girl kept referring to megabits and not megabytes so maybe
she wasn't trained enough.
Old February 20th 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RD

Hi Mark,
"Mark Haringman" wrote in message
In my mail from BT it states that my cap will remain at 30GB/month.

And what does it say about billing and contract length?

Reason I ask is it seems according to the ammended T&Cos from BTY
you remain on your original method of payment, but BTY support
say that everyone will have to pay via phone bill from the time of upgrade.

No mention has been made or clrification give as to any fixed period
contract being part of the upgrade process or not either.

Looks as if BTY are trying to dump customers big time...

Regards,
Cliff