news.individual.net's free service to end

Old February 15th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Buttery

Default news.individual.net's free service to end

The free text Usenet service provided by n.i.n will cease at the end of
next month; it is now going to cost 10 euros per year. Details he

http://news.individual.net

A shame, that; it was a very good free service indeed.

--
Please remove ".invalid" to reply by email.

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html
Old February 15th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

"David Buttery" wrote in message
The free text Usenet service provided by n.i.n will cease at the end of
next month; it is now going to cost 10 euros per year. Details he

http://news.individual.net

A shame, that; it was a very good free service indeed.

Announced in the very same week as AOL desubscribed from Usenet, what a
coincidence! If I have to pay for to access newsgroups I would as soon pay
for one which allows binaries as one that doesn't.

(kim)

Old February 15th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:41:14 UTC, David Buttery
wrote:

The free text Usenet service provided by n.i.n will cease at the end of
next month; it is now going to cost 10 euros per year. Details he

http://news.individual.net

A shame, that; it was a very good free service indeed.

Shock! Horror! 10 euro a year! That's nearly 2 pence a DAY...!

Old February 15th 05, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dutch

None are as cheap as that, you whinging ****

Old February 15th 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Dutch" wrote in message
"kim" wrote in message
"David Buttery" wrote in message
The free text Usenet service provided by n.i.n will cease at the end of
next month; it is now going to cost 10 euros per year. Details he

http://news.individual.net

A shame, that; it was a very good free service indeed.

Announced in the very same week as AOL desubscribed from Usenet, what a
coincidence! If I have to pay for to access newsgroups I would as soon

pay
for one which allows binaries as one that doesn't.

None are as cheap as that, you whinging ****

You really are a bright spark, they don't call you the village idiot for
nothing then, think about it...

Old February 15th 05, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Dutch wrote:
"kim" wrote in message
"David Buttery" wrote in message
The free text Usenet service provided by n.i.n will cease at the end of
next month; it is now going to cost 10 euros per year. Details he

http://news.individual.net

A shame, that; it was a very good free service indeed.

Announced in the very same week as AOL desubscribed from Usenet, what a
coincidence! If I have to pay for to access newsgroups I would as soon pay
for one which allows binaries as one that doesn't.

None are as cheap as that, you whinging ****

Actually, I believe you're wrong.
Some binary newservers offer non-expiring quotas, at under $10 for 1GB.
Buy one, and 3MB of news/day will keep most people happy.
Old February 15th 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Shock! Horror! 10 euro a year! That's nearly 2 pence a DAY...!

Yep. 2 pence a day in my pocket per day rather than in the pockets of
individual.net

1 year = 7

Now, I am 30, let's assume I live to 80.

50 years at 7 a year = 350.

That's not including inflation and the annual increases.....

More like over 3,000 in real terms inc. rises obver that period.

No thanks.

Simon

PS: And no, I'm not going to subscribe. They can go to HELL.

Old February 16th 05, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:43:02 UTC, "Simon Ough"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Shock! Horror! 10 euro a year! That's nearly 2 pence a DAY...!

Yep. 2 pence a day in my pocket per day rather than in the pockets of
individual.net

They're not a charity, are they?

Bloody freeloaders expecting something for nothing all the time..

Now, I am 30, let's assume I live to 80.

(pictures elderly miser hobbling round)

PS: And no, I'm not going to subscribe. They can go to HELL.

Fine. What are you going to do instead?

Old February 16th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Fine. What are you going to do instead?

Not use the *one* newsgroup that I subscribe to on it, and just use my ISP
newsgroups listings instead? (I'll live)

Old February 16th 05, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Shock! Horror! 10 euro a year! That's nearly 2 pence a DAY...!

Yep. 2 pence a day in my pocket per day rather than in the pockets of
individual.net

1 year = 7

Now, I am 30, let's assume I live to 80.

50 years at 7 a year = 350.

That's not including inflation and the annual increases.....

More like over 3,000 in real terms inc. rises obver that period.

No thanks.

Simon

PS: And no, I'm not going to subscribe. They can go to HELL.

Well at least this may have the useful side effect of clearing out the
morons from posting on usenet.

I'm quite happy to pay if I don't have to wade through rants like that.

Ivor