Claranews - lower retention?

Old February 15th 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zardoz

Default Claranews - lower retention?

Seems to be a bit **** these days - I'm not even getting 3 days - a
load of ISO rars were just purged as I downloaded them. }-(

That was the 30 quid / year 10 Gig / month option.

Seeing as my year is just about up are there any better UK providers?
Or shall I just not bother...

Old February 16th 05, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"zardoz" wrote in message
Seems to be a bit **** these days - I'm not even getting 3 days - a
load of ISO rars were just purged as I downloaded them. }-(

That was the 30 quid / year 10 Gig / month option.

Seeing as my year is just about up are there any better UK providers?
Or shall I just not bother...

I'd been using Claranews for a coupla years, they had gone though some fair
problems in that time. It didn't bother me much, but decided to try
elsewhere when my account came up for renewal.
I use Astraweb now, on a pay-as-you-go deal, though I don't download as much
as I used to (novelty worn off). Lots of other folk swear by Giganews,
Easynews etc.

P.

Old February 16th 05, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"zardoz" wrote in message
Seems to be a bit **** these days - I'm not even getting 3 days - a
load of ISO rars were just purged as I downloaded them. }-(

That was the 30 quid / year 10 Gig / month option.

Seeing as my year is just about up are there any better UK providers?
Or shall I just not bother...

I have use free.teranews since migrating to talktalk Excellent for me but
it depends on how much you download daily.

Very fast no problems.

John D.