Need some advice here. Speedtouch modem on Wanadoo

Old February 15th 05, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

Default Need some advice here. Speedtouch modem on Wanadoo

Hi

I installed Wanadoo broadband on a friends PC last September. It took 2
months and a visit by BT before we could even get connected.

In November, the modem began taking ages to SYNCH (get to two solid green
lights). I updated the motherboard chipset drivers (its a via chipset) and
this solved the issue.

However , occasionally , it would still drop its connection and require a
reboot before two solid green lights were available.

Since two weeks ago , we have been unable to get two solid green lights in
the evenings or at weekends. During the day it is fine. I have tried a fresh
windows install with nothing apart from Wanadoo installed. I have tried a
laptop that works fine on wanadoo three doors away and that fails.

My friend has also mentioned that on the rare occasion he is connected , and
he receives a phonecall , his connection drops.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do next. BT and Wanadoo are blaming
each other . BT want to send in an engineer but there will be a cost
involved if it proves to be the PC. I am convinced it is a line issue or
maybe capacity in the area as it appears to go down around 5:30pm and all
weekend.

Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Old February 16th 05, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

john wrote:
[...]

More likely to be an internal wiring issue (if there are any telephone
extensions) causing SNR issues, especially with the evening drop out.

Old February 16th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
john wrote:
[...]

The phone wiring into the house was checked by BT and they also "shutted"
the line to the back of the house where the study is. All extensions have
filters.