PlusNet Fair Usage for 29.99 month accounts

Old February 16th 05, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

Default PlusNet Fair Usage for 29.99 month accounts

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:49:10 GMT, "N/A" wrote:

PlusNet recently invited their members to pick their own poison as far as
introducing a "Fair Usage" scheme. For my current Premiere "Uncapped"
account which costs me 29.99 the survey form gave the choice of 60 GB/month
up to 120 GB/month. I assumed that Plusnet would introduce a cappped level
nearer the bottom of the range, but they've actually introduced the cap
below 60 GB.

Plusnet have today announced their Fair Use scheme and the levels don't even
come up to the minimum allowance that they proposed in the customer survey.
Rather than the 60 GB/month allowance which was the minimum level in the
survey, Plusnet are infact going to start capping my 29.99 account at 50
GB/month.

All of the other accounts are the same. They are all going to be capped at
levels below the minimums proposed in the customer survey

You are wrong.

The 21.99 and 19.99 accounts are being capped at the lowest values
listed in the survey (30GB and 50Gb respectively). The 39.99 accounts
are being capped at very slightly above the lowest proposed limit,
having 75GB where the lowest proposed limit was 70GB.

I must say, I am surprised they have gone for the lowest values they
suggested in the survey. I was expecting higher.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Q: Why do blondes hate M&Ms? A: They're too hard to peel.

Old February 16th 05, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
[...]

I told you LOL, 100 odd gig caps my arse, PN survey that listened to
customers my arse
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

Old February 16th 05, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:18:42 UTC, "Dave"
wrote:

I told you LOL, 100 odd gig caps my arse, PN survey that listened to
customers my arse
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

But of course, it makes no differnce to you, child.

You don'r even use ADSL, or any other form of broadband.

Old February 16th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Dave" wrote in message

snip
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

You really are one sure immature little boy.

Old February 16th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:46:23 GMT, "N/A" wrote:

On 16-Feb-2005, Alex Heney wrote:

You are wrong.

The 21.99 and 19.99 accounts are being capped at the lowest values
listed in the survey (30GB and 50Gb respectively). The 39.99 accounts
are being capped at very slightly above the lowest proposed limit,
having 75GB where the lowest proposed limit was 70GB.

I must say, I am surprised they have gone for the lowest values they
suggested in the survey. I was expecting higher.

No it's you who are wrong. The range of limits proposed for a 2MB ( or
39.99 ) connection was 80 -- 120 GB/month.
PlusNet have introduced a cap of 75 GB/month for that account.

The ranges in the survey were;
512 -- 30 to 70 GB
1 Meg --- 60 to 120 GB
2 Meg --- 80 to 150 GB

I'm not certain of the 1Meg range, but 2Mb *definitely* started at
70GB. That is why that was the figure involved in the long running
discussion between Dave and myself.

In 2 of the three cases they have fixed a limit below what was originally
proposed and in the other case they have used the minimum proposal.

In at least one of the three they have used *slightly* above the
minimum.

No mater
how PlusNet try to spin their way out of it, they are imposing caps in their
customers.

Definitely. I have no disagreement there.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
The world is so big and so global now.

Old February 16th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote:

I told you LOL, 100 odd gig caps my arse, PN survey that listened to
customers my arse
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

But of course, it makes no differnce to you, child.

You don'r even use ADSL, or any other form of broadband.

HAHAHA
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

Old February 16th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

snip
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

You really are one sure immature little boy.

Good
GLOAT, GLOAT, GLOAT

Old February 16th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alex Heney" wrote
snip......
In at least one of the three they have used *slightly* above the
minimum.

ROFLMFAO
oh thats ok then, i guess the others just voted the low figure then
HABLOODYHA

Old February 16th 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:39:22 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote
snip......
In at least one of the three they have used *slightly* above the
minimum.

ROFLMFAO
oh thats ok then,

Glad you agree :-)

Not that whether it is "ok then" has anything to do with whether the
set limits were higher, lower, or the same as the suggested limits in
the so-called survey.

i guess the others just voted the low figure then

Nobody voted anything. PN never made any suggestion that the most
popular choice would be what they would use.

But TBH, I don't know why PN decided to do the"survey", since they
clearly totally ignored the results. It seems to have been an exercise
only in how to generate negative publicity.

Old February 16th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:39:22 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

"Alex Heney" wrote
snip......
In at least one of the three they have used *slightly* above the
minimum.

ROFLMFAO
oh thats ok then,

Glad you agree :-)

LOL the thing is you probably think i do :-)

Not that whether it is "ok then" has anything to do with whether the
set limits were higher, lower, or the same as the suggested limits in
the so-called survey.

Right lets get down to the issue..........
Do you think most PN users voted for the lowest cap then??

i guess the others just voted the low figure then

Nobody voted anything. PN never made any suggestion that the most
popular choice would be what they would use.

so like i said in the first place ages ago it was a pointless survey

But TBH, I don't know why PN decided to do the"survey", since they
clearly totally ignored the results. It seems to have been an exercise
only in how to generate negative publicity.

I really think they are trying to be good and responsible to their
customers, its just soooooo bloody hillarious that whatever they try they
seem to allways in some respect cock it right up LOL