Anyone having problems routing to Demon?

Old February 16th 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Harris

Default Anyone having problems routing to Demon?

I've been having intermittent problems from my home connection
since yesterday afternoon, and from work I can't see anything
on homepages or Demon's own site. In fact at the moment I can't
even get a response from finger .

tracert
www.demon.net gives me this:

Tracing route to www.demon.net [194.159.246.194]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms local network IP
2 10 ms 15 ms 16 ms 192.168.202.1
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
...etc

Is it just me, or are other people having problems too?

Best,
Chris

Old February 16th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 16/02/2005 Chris Harris wrote:

Is it just me, or are other people having problems too?

Several people, there's a long thread in demon.service.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.2.6
Old February 16th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Harris

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

Several people, there's a long thread in demon.service.

Jeff, Herbie - thanks for the replies.

Sounds like something major fell over - I will wait for
stuff to return, I guess.

Best,
Chris

Old February 16th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
§meagol

"Chris Harris" wrote in message
I've been having intermittent problems from my home connection
since yesterday afternoon, and from work I can't see anything
on homepages or Demon's own site. In fact at the moment I can't
even get a response from finger .

tracert
www.demon.net gives me this:

Tracing route to www.demon.net [194.159.246.194]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms local network IP
2 10 ms 15 ms 16 ms 192.168.202.1
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
...etc

Is it just me, or are other people having problems too?

Couldn't get anywhere at 9.30 this morning (thank goodness I retained my
payg Tesco dial-up). Went out for a few hours, logged on again at 3.00pm
and all is well again. Currently their status page says : -

Service Status
Dial-up OK
ADSL Home500 authentication problems.
Routing/Network Routeing issues
Commercial Web OK
Authentication OK
Homepages OK
Mail OK
FTP/BatchFTP OK
News OK
DFax OK
WAP OK
Email Filtering OK
Misc OK

Now I'm om home500 and have no problems at the moment. More from
their message page : -

Date Message
11:00 Feb 16 allison Currently some Home500 Broadband customers
may be experiencing authentication problems. Engineers are investigating.
08:38 Feb 16 isamuels Some customers are experiencing routeing
issues which are affecting access to some sites and services. Engineers are
investigating.
02:15 Feb 16 alan The previous routeing issues have now been
alleviated. Engineers continue to monitor the situation.
18:46 Feb 15 sheafd Some customers are experiencing routeing
issues which are affecting access to some sites and services. Engineers are
investigating.
13:00 Feb 15 allison We experienced a power supply failure in
the early hours of this morning which affected certain services. Our
technical team have restored all of the services affected and is currently
carrying out a fuller analysis of the events. We regret any inconvenience
this may have caused.
11:45 Feb 15 allison The earlier problems with collecting email
and conecting to some Internet sites and services have been resolved.
Customers may still be experiencing problems accessing www.demon.net. Our
engineers continue to work on resolving this as soon as possible. We regret
any inconvenience caused.
07:25 Feb 15 paul Some customers may be experiencing problems
with their services. Our engineers are working to resolve this as quickly as
possible, and we regret any inconvenience caused.
04:40 Feb 15 paul There are difficulties with routeing
affecting ADSL and email. Engineers are investigating.
16:15 Feb 13 isamuels BT have confirmed that the previously
mentioned authentication issues affecting some of our ADSL customers has now
been resolved. THUS regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks our
customers for their patience.
09:57 Feb 13 isamuels BT engineers continue to make progress
towards restoring service for our ADSL customers affected by the previously
mentioned issues.
15:30 Feb 12 isamuels BT have confirmed that an issue affecting
part of their network is causing some of our ADSL customers to experience
difficulties connecting to the Internet. BT engineers are currently working
to resolve this problem.
12:13 Feb 12 benc Some ADSL customers are currently unable to
connect to the Internet. Engineers are investigating

Looks like they have had problems for a few days now - including trouble at
BT.

As far as I am concerned the outage caused only a few hours inconvenience
here (Norwich) and the problem was resolved fairly speedily as far as my
experience goes. Looks as if others may have had bigger problems.
--
§meagol