PlusNet Fair Usage for £29.99 month accounts

Old February 16th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

Default PlusNet Fair Usage for £29.99 month accounts

"N/A" wrote:

All of the other accounts are the same. They are all going to be capped at
levels below the minimums proposed in the customer survey and Plusnet have
done this by changing the accounts from being speed related to being
download related.

not excactly.

From what I understand the changes - only downloads count not uploads.
As I run a chatroom this will cut my basic volume in half at least.

(not to mention the off-peak extra)

What worries me more that some guy could download 600GB on month and
then stay clear of the cap for 2 month and not be penalized, but
somebody going 1GB over every month would.

But I am sure that will be addressed once sufficient people take the
mick like that

cu

mgk
--
"You are in an ongoing process of becoming, growing, and
developing in the direction of your dominant thoughts.
Old February 16th 05, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"Markus G. Klötzer" wrote in message
"N/A" wrote:

What worries me more that some guy could download 600GB on month and
then stay clear of the cap for 2 month and not be penalized, but
somebody going 1GB over every month would.

But I am sure that will be addressed once sufficient people take the
mick like that

Support have said in the online PlusNet forums that the behaviour you
describe above is perfectly acceptable to PlusNet.
So people that "take the Mick like that" are doing nothing wrong whatsoever
and by the new Fair Usage rules are well within their rights.

In fact a person can hammer their connection and download as much as they
want for TWO consecutive months as long as they are below the limit in the
third month they are doing nothing wrong.

Old February 16th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"N/A" wrote:

What worries me more that some guy could download 600GB on month and
then stay clear of the cap for 2 month and not be penalized, but
somebody going 1GB over every month would.

But I am sure that will be addressed once sufficient people take the
mick like that

Support have said in the online PlusNet forums that the behaviour you
describe above is perfectly acceptable to PlusNet.
So people that "take the Mick like that" are doing nothing wrong

whatsoever
and by the new Fair Usage rules are well within their rights.

In fact a person can hammer their connection and download as much as they
want for TWO consecutive months as long as they are below the limit in

the
third month they are doing nothing wrong.

It hardly cuts out heavy use then, and in alot of instances isnt gonna save
them any cash with regards to the way BT now charge them

Old February 16th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"Dave" wrote in message

Support have said in the online PlusNet forums that the behaviour you
describe above is perfectly acceptable to PlusNet.
So people that "take the Mick like that" are doing nothing wrong

whatsoever
and by the new Fair Usage rules are well within their rights.

In fact a person can hammer their connection and download as much as they
want for TWO consecutive months as long as they are below the limit in

the
third month they are doing nothing wrong.

It hardly cuts out heavy use then, and in alot of instances isnt gonna
save
them any cash with regards to the way BT now charge them

Totally agree with you.
I will be one of those people that "take the Mick like that" when this Fair
Usage kicks in.

At present I am on 2meg premier but come April and hopefully a 4 or 8meg
connection I will be hammering my line.
With 8meg you will be able to download over 800Gb a month and still stay
under the Fair Usage limit (that's the 75Gb I am allowed in the day, as I
will carry on paying £39.99 and the "free" night time allowance of over
800Gb per month)
With that same 8meg connection, for two out of the three months you will
"ideally" be able to download way over 4Gb an hour 24/7 for the whole month
and still be within the Fair Usage limits. Now that is some serious sh1t.

I think the P2P users will like a bit of that.
Other ISP's have a 500Gb cap on their 8meg connections. What only 500Gb!
PlusNet are giving you an unlimited cap for two months and a cap of over
800Gb on the 8meg connection and almost 500Gb on the 4meg connection on your
third month. All within their new usage allowance.

Time to slap in a couple more hard drives, me thinks.

Old February 17th 05, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Pete M Williams wrote:

In fact a person can hammer their connection and download as much as they
want for TWO consecutive months as long as they are below the limit in the
third month they are doing nothing wrong.

Not quite like that, if you look at the way it works it is like no
claims bonuses. You go up and down the 'warning' scale.
So after 2 months over you can then only go high every other month, so
alternating between warnings 1 and 2. A 'low' month does not reset you
to level 0

Bill

Old February 17th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:33:09 UTC, "Grant" wrote:

Is an ADSL login hard linked to a specific phone line or can you use it from
any enabled line?

Hard linked.

Old February 17th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel James

In article , Andrew Norman
wrote:
It is linked to a specific line, in the case of BT Wholesale's
implementation of it, at least.

The line is hard linked to a specific ISP ... but whether the ISP links the
line to particular account is surely up to the ISP?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Old February 17th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"Daniel James" wrote in message

The line is hard linked to a specific ISP ... but whether the ISP
links the line to particular account is surely up to the ISP?

That's what I was trying to ask.