ADSL router question

Old February 16th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben

Default ADSL router question

I current have cable with a Linksys BESFR41 4port router.

I dont want to throw it away when I move where I'm getting ADSL.

Can you buy ADSL modems that will work with this? I.e. just connect the
ethernet port of the ADSL modem to the WAN port of this router?

I don't want an ADSL ethernet router...i already have the router, hence the
question.

Thanks.

Old February 16th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

In article , Ben says...
I current have cable with a Linksys BESFR41 4port router.

I dont want to throw it away when I move where I'm getting ADSL.

Can you buy ADSL modems that will work with this? I.e. just connect the
ethernet port of the ADSL modem to the WAN port of this router?

I don't want an ADSL ethernet router...i already have the router, hence the
question.

Yes. You need a ADSL modem with a single RJ45 port - plenty ot choose
from.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
Old February 17th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
evangelical_bob

Conor wrote:
Yes. You need a ADSL modem with a single RJ45 port - plenty ot choose

from.

Conor, please supply a list or at least a link to this plentiful supply
of ADSL modems.

Cheers

Old February 21st 05, 08:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wira One

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:57:44 +0000, Ben wrote:

I current have cable with a Linksys BESFR41 4port router.

I dont want to throw it away when I move where I'm getting ADSL.

Can you buy ADSL modems that will work with this? I.e. just connect the
ethernet port of the ADSL modem to the WAN port of this router?

I don't want an ADSL ethernet router...i already have the router, hence the
question.

Thanks.

What you really need is the ADSL ethernet modem but buying a new ADSL
modem router will be cheaper now. I have no idea if it is possible to buy
a single port ADSL modem router and use it as a bridge. My Ebuyer
non-branded ADSL modem router has this capability.

Old February 21st 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Wira One wrote in
news:[email protected] eranews:

What you really need is the ADSL ethernet modem but buying a new ADSL
modem router will be cheaper now. I have no idea if it is possible to
buy a single port ADSL modem router and use it as a bridge. My Ebuyer
non-branded ADSL modem router has this capability.

Yeah, I advise getting an ADSL router and selling on the existing router.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/
Old February 21st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bal

"Phil" wrote in message
Wira One wrote in
news:[email protected] eranews:

What you really need is the ADSL ethernet modem but buying a new ADSL
modem router will be cheaper now. I have no idea if it is possible to
buy a single port ADSL modem router and use it as a bridge. My Ebuyer
non-branded ADSL modem router has this capability.

Yeah, I advise getting an ADSL router and selling on the existing router.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/

Ben, pop over to www.ebuyer.com and do a search for ADSL modems.

They start at around 20 excl vat and as mentioned not much price difference
between ones with single and those with multiple ports.

HTH

Bal