L2TP

Old February 17th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

Default L2TP

Can anyone tell me apart from Metronet which ISP's do L2TP termination
themselves?

I'm looking into migrating and have a USR SureConnect 9003 which apparently
has problems with this

Thanks

Nicola

Old February 17th 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:04:25 +0000 (UTC), "Nicola Redwood"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me apart from Metronet which ISP's do L2TP termination
themselves?

A&A don't currently, but are planning to do this on their next new
pipe.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old February 17th 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

wrote:

Can anyone tell me apart from Metronet which ISP's do L2TP termination
themselves?

Just about all of them.

Ones I know for sure :

Pipex/Nildram
Plusnet
Zen
F2S
Eclipse
Metronet
NDO

You can safely assume that just about all the vISPs are on L2TP
terminated equipment - certainly all the ones who use Netservices are
anyway. There's little point in asking them as the chances are most of
them won't have a clue anyway :-)

I suggest you throw your USR 9003 in the bin if it really does have
problems with L2TP (why it should have probs is another matter as the
L2TP tunnel doesn't extend to the end-users modem/router so it won't
"see" the L2TP encapsulation anyway).
--
John Naismith

I'm not sure if the fact that L2TP termination is used that'sthe problem -
from my understanding it's when the ISP does the L2TP termination themselves
instead of BT.

This is the support article from Metronet

http://support.metronet.co.uk/adsl/e...reconnect-9003

I know that F2S have no problems as they were supplying the USR 9003 at one
point

Nicola

Old February 22nd 05, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Mazinga

Nicola Redwood wrote:
Can anyone tell me apart from Metronet which ISP's do L2TP termination
themselves?

I'm looking into migrating and have a USR SureConnect 9003 which apparently
has problems with this

Thanks

Nicola

Telefonica provide this