anyone been upgraded on BT broadband yet?

Old February 17th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Default anyone been upgraded on BT broadband yet?

Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just wondering
if anyone has been upgraded yet!

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 17th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just wondering
if anyone has been upgraded yet!

============================

As a novice, how would I know whether I have been upgraded or not?

What should I be looking for?
----
Reg

Old February 17th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:26:23 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just wondering
if anyone has been upgraded yet!

============================

As a novice, how would I know whether I have been upgraded or not?

What should I be looking for?

Faster download speeds, unless you were already on the maximum
supported speed for your line.
Old February 17th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Not me:

DownStream Connection Speed 1152 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps

Old February 17th 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

It's Me wrote:

Not me:

DownStream Connection Speed 1152 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps

Yes- me too. It will be interesting to hear from people when they are
upgraded though.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 17th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 17/02/2005 Reg Edwards wrote:

Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just
wondering if anyone has been upgraded yet!

============================

As a novice, how would I know whether I have been upgraded or not?

What should I be looking for?
----
Reg

If you're using a modem/router you may find that info on its status
page, depending on make/model.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.2.7
Old February 17th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just wondering
if anyone has been upgraded yet!

============================

As a novice, how would I know whether I have been upgraded or not?

What should I be looking for?

HI Reg, BT & BTYahoo will be emailing those who are upgraded this week.
Emails were already sent out last week to some customers. The upgrade is
taking place with the 1mb customers going to 2mb first, then 512 customers
are upgraded. BT reckon this process of upgrading everyone could take up to
5 months.
If they are upgrading you, firstly expect an email informing you of a date,
secondly, on that date, expect your service to be unavailable for up to 30
mins while the upgrade takes place.
A post from BT support today in the BTBB newsgroup states that the cap
implementation will not start until 1st May, those who are not upgraded by
then will not be capped until they get the upgrade.

Old February 17th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Beck wrote:

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Isn't today the start of upgrading BT customers to 2MB? Just wondering
if anyone has been upgraded yet!

============================

As a novice, how would I know whether I have been upgraded or not?

What should I be looking for?

HI Reg, BT & BTYahoo will be emailing those who are upgraded this week.
Emails were already sent out last week to some customers.

BT doesn't have an email address for me. They sent me a letter
confirming that I would be upgraded between now and March 8 or
thereabouts. They actually stated in the letter that it was not possible
to specify a date. I'm on BT Broadband.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 17th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn"
wrote in message
news:1gs4zfm.4kvbhx1g4r2zbN%this_address_is_for_sp ...

HI Reg, BT & BTYahoo will be emailing those who are upgraded this week.
Emails were already sent out last week to some customers.

BT doesn't have an email address for me. They sent me a letter
confirming that I would be upgraded between now and March 8 or
thereabouts. They actually stated in the letter that it was not possible
to specify a date. I'm on BT Broadband.

That would be email or letter then :-)

Old March 5th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Howard Snow

My BT Broadband was upgraded to 2.2MB in the early hours of 2 March.
There is a marked improvement in the download speed.

However, I am disappointed to see that my upload speed is still 288
Kbps. BT are currently advertising that you can share your photos
on-line at lightning speed. But to share them you have to upload them
- and this is still as 'slow' as when I has 512 Kbps uploading speed
two upgrades ago.

Is it me, or is this general?