Just moved to PlusNet...newsfeed query

Old February 17th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

Default Just moved to PlusNet...newsfeed query

I have just filled in the on-line form to move to PlusNet and getting my
MAC address from BT Yahoo was harder than pulling hens teeth. If anyone
else wants theirs from BT phone through to 0800 085 2819 but expect to
be escalated to a supervisor!

Anyway, pop3 is not working yet, but I have a query on the newsfeed. I
found the BT newsfeed lost many messages and so I signed up to Claranet.
Is the PlusNet feed any better, ie does it lose messages in the groups?
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old February 17th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:19:03 GMT, "N/A" wrote:

I've a feeling you need to contact PlusNet and sign a form to say that you
are not a spammer to get pop3 & smtp activated.

I don't think it will necessarily be active until the account is fully set up
(at which time they'll have charged for the first month), BICBW. Does the PN
portal show details of the account (allowing user to add fax-to-email etc) as
if the account isn't fully set up, I doube there'll be the icons there to let
the OP use the POP mail yet... There are a number of options on the Members
centre which are only going to show up when the a/c is fully activated...

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $4.95)
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old February 18th 05, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

John Perry wrote:

I have just filled in the on-line form to move to PlusNet and getting my
MAC address from BT Yahoo was harder than pulling hens teeth. If anyone
else wants theirs from BT phone through to 0800 085 2819 but expect to
be escalated to a supervisor!

Anyway, pop3 is not working yet, but I have a query on the newsfeed. I
found the BT newsfeed lost many messages and so I signed up to Claranet.
Is the PlusNet feed any better, ie does it lose messages in the groups?

The text groups I have via them always seem fine

Bill