Deleting all reference to Tesco

Old February 17th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Deleting all reference to Tesco

My PC is XP/SP1 with OE for email/newsgroups. BTY is my internet provider (NB)
and I had intended to subscribe to Tesco BB, but BT wholesale have kept me
waiting for over 2 months awaiting extra capacity. So I've now had enough,
cancelled my request and wish to delete all files/applications relating to
Tesco.

I set up a DUN connection myself in order to have a Tesco email address, but it
has sort of taken over my OE programs. For example, the heading running along
the top of this groups messages reads " UKT..B.. Outlook Express provided by
Tesco.net" A similar situation occurs in my Inbox etc.

If I go Control Panel/Network Connections and delete the Tesco file, will all
references/files etc be deleted also, or must I perform other tasks to avoid
major problems?

--
John
Reverse"jaykaybee"to reply

Old February 17th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

If I go Control Panel/Network Connections and delete the Tesco file, will all
references/files etc be deleted also, or must I perform other tasks to avoid
major problems?

It sounds like you used a Tesco install CD, which will add "branding" to
lookOut and InternetExploder via (typically) a registry key - these can
be edited manually - just search the registry using REGEDIT and the word
"Tesco" and you can alter the displayed text to anything you want.

Old February 17th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gari P

"John" wrote in message
[...]

If you're up to it, use Registry editor (Start - Run - type "regedit")
minus the quotes

search the registry for "tesco.net"

When you find the registry value "blah blah provided by tesco.net" change
this to whatever you like ... for example "Outlook Express"

I have used this method in the past with ease. Just be careful not to fudge
up other things, the registry isn't a place you should frequent.

HTH,

Old February 17th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:45:21 +0000 (UTC), [John] said :-

My PC is XP/SP1 with OE for email/newsgroups. BTY is my internet provider (NB)
and I had intended to subscribe to Tesco BB, but BT wholesale have kept me
waiting for over 2 months awaiting extra capacity. So I've now had enough,
cancelled my request and wish to delete all files/applications relating to
Tesco.

I set up a DUN connection myself in order to have a Tesco email address, but it
has sort of taken over my OE programs. For example, the heading running along
the top of this groups messages reads " UKT..B.. Outlook Express provided by
Tesco.net" A similar situation occurs in my Inbox etc.

If I go Control Panel/Network Connections and delete the Tesco file, will all
references/files etc be deleted also, or must I perform other tasks to avoid
major problems?

To remove branding :-

http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scri...sc/unbrand.htm