Plusnet Introducing Broadband Fair useage

Old February 17th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard

Default Plusnet Introducing Broadband Fair useage

Did all plusnet subscribers get this email about the changes to come, or is
it just those who are deemed to be heavy users. So far for Febuary i have
downloaded about 1.5 gb of data, trial of Win XP64 and addons/mods for op
flashpoint. I am on a 512k line, all i can get as a result of distance from
exchange. I am pay for the "unlimited" service £21.99 a month, signed up
last oct/nov.

Old February 17th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Richard wrote:
Did all plusnet subscribers get this email about the changes to come, or is
it just those who are deemed to be heavy users. So far for Febuary i have
downloaded about 1.5 gb of data, trial of Win XP64 and addons/mods for op
flashpoint. I am on a 512k line, all i can get as a result of distance from
exchange. I am pay for the "unlimited" service ?21.99 a month, signed up
last oct/nov.

All.
plusnet.service.announce
Old February 17th 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"Richard" wrote in message
Did all plusnet subscribers get this email about the changes to come, or
is it just those who are deemed to be heavy users. So far for Febuary i
have downloaded about 1.5 gb of data, trial of Win XP64 and addons/mods
for op flashpoint. I am on a 512k line, all i can get as a result of
distance from exchange. I am pay for the "unlimited" service £21.99 a
month, signed up last oct/nov.

Hi,

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

--
With Regards,

Dave,

Old February 17th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:20:51 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

Did all plusnet subscribers get this email about the changes to come, or is
it just those who are deemed to be heavy users.

Everybody got it.

So far for Febuary i have
downloaded about 1.5 gb of data, trial of Win XP64 and addons/mods for op
flashpoint.

this should have made it obvious it wasn't only being sent to heavy
users, as yours is low.

I am pay for the "unlimited" service £21.99 a month, signed up
last oct/nov.

It wasn't advertised as unlimited then, nor at any time since. (I
signed up in September, and have never seen it advertised as
unlimited).

But if you are downloading as little as you think, you would be better
off on a lower level account anyhow.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I'm no stranger, just a friend you haven't met...

Old February 18th 05, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Hi,

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

Not the 'Lite' ones, (understandably though !)

Bill

Old February 18th 05, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:58:51 +0000, Bill
wrote:

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

Not the 'Lite' ones, (understandably though !)

I got it and I'm on 'lite'. Only received it this morning though.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old February 18th 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:21:03 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support Team says...

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

You didn't.

I have got one for one of my PlusNet lines, but not for the other one
yet. I'm guessing it just takes a while for their mailing list
software a while to chew through the entire customer list...
Old February 18th 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

wrote:

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

Not the 'Lite' ones, (understandably though !)

I got it and I'm on 'lite'. Only received it this morning though.

Mine timed at 17:20 today in the end.

What 'lighter than lite' Broadband Plus is going to be though ? Like BT
basic ?

Bill

Old February 18th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:13:16 +0000, Bill
wrote:

What 'lighter than lite' Broadband Plus is going to be though ? Like BT
basic ?

I think it is restricted (i.e. slow) p2p and binary newsgroup access
during peak periods, or something like that.
Old February 19th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Plusnet Customer Support

wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support Team says...

Yes, we sent the mail about fair usage to all of our residential broadband
customers.

You didn't.

I have got one for one of my PlusNet lines, but not for the other one
yet. I'm guessing it just takes a while for their mailing list
software a while to chew through the entire customer list...

Hi,

Couple of things to bear in mind.

Firstly, business users are not going to be affected by the fair usage
policy at present as there is currently no requirement for it.

The fair usage mailshot was mailed to Premier/Easystart/Homesurf
customers. The product changed was mailed to all residential ADSL
subscribers.

wrote:

What 'lighter than lite' Broadband Plus is going to be though ? Like BT
basic ?

The details have not yet been confirmed but AFAIK, this product will
be sold closer to the advertsed contention levels and will be QOS
managed. P2P and Usenet binary traffic will also be resticted during
peak hours.

It's likely to be sold on contention or a similar trait, eg.
14.99 for true 25:1
17.99 for true 20:1
(These are fictitious figures and I am using them purely as an
example)

The product with not be subject to the fair usage policy.

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------