HELP: Cutting out AirStation WMR-G54 (Buffalo)

Old February 19th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default HELP: Cutting out AirStation WMR-G54 (Buffalo)

Hi.

I purchased a combined 802.11G ADSL Router/Firewall (above) from PC
World and have spent the evening trying to configure this on a friend's
computer.

Now. My friend _does not yet have_ ADSL - I am configuring the wireless
router in advance so that I can configure the ADSL connection
(remotely) once broadband is activated by the ISP.

Simple question: can I do this?

It appears not - the router transmits for a short while and then cuts
out any radio tranmission.

I guess I am asking whether I should be able to configure the router to
act like a hub/switch in the absence of a connection to the Internet.

Is the above behaviour normal? I want to confirm that there isn't a
problem with the router.

Many thanks.

Steve.

Old February 19th 05, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob C

Default Cutting out AirStation WMR-G54 (Buffalo)

I purchased a combined 802.11G ADSL Router/Firewall (above) from PC
World and have spent the evening trying to configure this on a friend's
computer.

Now. My friend _does not yet have_ ADSL - I am configuring the wireless
router in advance so that I can configure the ADSL connection
(remotely) once broadband is activated by the ISP.

Simple question: can I do this?

It appears not - the router transmits for a short while and then cuts
out any radio tranmission.

I guess I am asking whether I should be able to configure the router to
act like a hub/switch in the absence of a connection to the Internet.

Is the above behaviour normal? I want to confirm that there isn't a
problem with the router.

I ran into minor glitches with my ADSL wireless modem/router and called
Buffalo's technical support on 08712 50 12 60 and got a knowledgeable,
helpful and constructive response from the techie who stayed on the line
until the problem was resolved.

Still running the router & v happy with it.