Plusnet Wireless package

Old February 19th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default Plusnet Wireless package

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with their BT routers on this package? I
got a friend joined up with this package, and the router came with a
very dodgy wireless connection (frequent dropouts, pings failing etc).
Further to this connections would drop occasionally on the DSL side.
Took the whole thing back to my house and noticed also that settings
would periodicly not be saved. Anyway, looked at the firmware and
surprised to find it was the version on the site specificly for AOL
users! I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I went back
to the production firmware and am now finding everything works great,
but does anyone know if there are other bugs in this version (with a
lower version number)?

Thanks,
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old February 20th 05, 05:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Plusnet Customer Support

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
[...]

Dear Andrew,

If you get your friend to raise a ticket on the account in question
explaining what has been done so far and the firmware version which was on
the router. We will get this investigated and if it is the case we will
take the issue up with our suppliers.

Kind Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------