Big Brother - P*usnet

Old February 20th 05, 04:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Tony

Default Big Brother - P*usnet

Did you know that, every day, P*usnet staff search and monitor _all_
of Usenet for posts mentioning "P*usnet"?
Old February 20th 05, 04:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Plusnet Customer Support

"Tony" wrote in message
Did you know that, every day, P*usnet staff search and monitor _all_
of Usenet for posts mentioning "P*usnet"?

Not quite, we actually read every usenet posting in ISP related groups ;-)

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

Old February 20th 05, 05:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Tony

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:51:19 -0000, "Plusnet Customer Support"
[email protected] wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
.. .
Did you know that, every day, P*usnet staff search and monitor _all_
of Usenet for posts mentioning "P*usnet"?

Not quite, we actually read every usenet posting in ISP related groups ;-)

Is comp.sys.acorn.hardware an ISP related group?

Because in Message-ID:
one of your
bods states:-
Just have good newsgroup search that can stiff out any mention of PlusNet I
have to confess.

And alt.warez.uk & uk.people.silversurfers don't look like ISP related
groups to me... groups which "Plusnet Customer Support" have posted to
recently in response to 'P*usnet' related articles.
Old February 20th 05, 06:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Plusnet Customer Support

"Tony" wrote in message
news
Is comp.sys.acorn.hardware an ISP related group?

Because in Message-ID:
one of your
bods states:-
Just have good newsgroup search that can stiff out any mention of PlusNet
have to confess.

And alt.warez.uk & uk.people.silversurfers don't look like ISP related
groups to me... groups which "Plusnet Customer Support" have posted to
recently in response to 'P*usnet' related articles.

We have no set restrictions to what groups we can or cannot post to within
reason of course. A lot of our staff for example post from home or in their
free time. The point I was making is that we do indeed read every post in
ISP related groups without the need to use search tools. Your original post
at the start of this thread is a good example to this and why it got a
response.

Kind Regards,

Old February 20th 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Dave

"Plusnet Customer Support " [email protected] wrote in message
"Tony" wrote in message
news
Is comp.sys.acorn.hardware an ISP related group?

Because in Message-ID:
one of your
bods states:-
Just have good newsgroup search that can stiff out any mention of

PlusNet
have to confess.

And alt.warez.uk & uk.people.silversurfers don't look like ISP related
groups to me... groups which "Plusnet Customer Support" have posted to
recently in response to 'P*usnet' related articles.

We have no set restrictions to what groups we can or cannot post to

within
reason of course. A lot of our staff for example post from home or in

their
free time. The point I was making is that we do indeed read every post

in
ISP related groups without the need to use search tools.

snip..........
and for those non-isp groups, how do you find there are messages about PN
in them eh??? Oh yes, that will be by searching and trying to repair the
damage that you all have already done.

Old February 20th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Bales1983 (Lee Bales)

Oh yes, that will be by searching and trying to repair the
damage that you all have already done.

Sorry people ive been away a while, whats the damage?? Im migrating to
plusnet next week so would like to know??

Lee
Old February 20th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Tony Sutton

"Bales1983 (Lee Bales)" wrote in message

Sorry people ive been away a while, whats the damage?? Im migrating to
plusnet next week so would like to know??

Just a few usenet problem (dead HDD) but that's all fixed now. Nothing
exciting.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old February 20th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:13:38 +0000, Tony wrote:

Did you know that, every day, P*usnet staff search and monitor _all_ of
Usenet for posts mentioning "P*usnet"?

So ?

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old February 20th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Dylan30

What's the problem ? at least they take the time to monitor newsgroups and
try to help or put forward their view.

Yes I can understand there are a lot of people annoyed at the changes that
are going on.

But a customer support team that is searching out customer to help and
trying to answer their question (even if people don't like the answer) is a
rare thing

If you don't want the world to read your opinions and comment on them don't
post them on a newsgroup.

Well done to Plusnet for being the only one to make an effort.

Adam

news

Old February 20th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Ian Bartholomew

"Bales1983 (Lee Bales)" wrote in message

Sorry people ive been away a while, whats the damage?? Im migrating to
plusnet next week so would like to know??

Probably a reference to them taking steps against those people who think
it's their god given right to download [insert appropriate word] 24/7. They
are going to implement some download limits, although you have to exceed
them for three months on the trot before anything happens (a throttle on the
speed after you exceed the limit in the third month).

Most PN customers are quite happy about it but there are, of course, a
vociferous few.

You can log onto the PN forum/newsgroups via their web site if you want to
see users comments (use guest/guest IIRC). it's all getting rather boring
though.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.