Speedtouch modem

Old February 20th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
build

Default Speedtouch modem

Hi all

I have just got a Speedtouch modem from BT which came with a cd

Now I do not want all the crap that is on the cd

I do not use Ie OR outlook

I have installed the drivers from the cd for the modem all ok

BUT how do I setup the modem to dial out

I have gone to the my computer/dialup networking/ new connection to
set it up as you would do for a ord modem BUT it does nto show the
modem it wants to look for a modem .

I think this does not need a phone nuber (0 I think)

Is there a web page to show how this is done

I have done a search with google but no luck

All help is most welcome

Thank you
Build
Old February 20th 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I think you'll find that a manual is on the CD.

If I'm mistaken, you'll find it on www.google.com
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old February 20th 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 at 03:23:11, build (build )
wrote:
Hi all

I have just got a Speedtouch modem from BT which came with a cd

Now I do not want all the crap that is on the cd

I do not use Ie OR outlook

I have installed the drivers from the cd for the modem all ok

BUT how do I setup the modem to dial out

I have gone to the my computer/dialup networking/ new connection to
set it up as you would do for a ord modem BUT it does nto show the
modem it wants to look for a modem .

I think this does not need a phone nuber (0 I think)

Is there a web page to show how this is done

I have done a search with google but no luck

All help is most welcome

Thank you
Build

Is this a USB or a PCI? If you have a look at scan.co.uk for "alcatel
speedtouch" there are some sites there in the questions/answers on the
product page where I got mine from
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Old February 20th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"build" wrote in message
om...
Hi all

I have just got a Speedtouch modem from BT which came with a cd

Now I do not want all the crap that is on the cd

I do not use Ie OR outlook

I have installed the drivers from the cd for the modem all ok

BUT how do I setup the modem to dial out

I have gone to the my computer/dialup networking/ new connection to
set it up as you would do for a ord modem BUT it does nto show the
modem it wants to look for a modem .

Is this the USB modem, and is it actually connected to your computer and powered
up?

--

Michael Chare

Old February 20th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve P

Which Speedtouch?
You might want to try latest drivers from http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/

Old February 20th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
build

"Michael Chare" wrote in message ...
"build" wrote in message
om...
Hi all

I have just got a Speedtouch modem from BT which came with a cd

Now I do not want all the crap that is on the cd

I do not use Ie OR outlook

I have installed the drivers from the cd for the modem all ok

BUT how do I setup the modem to dial out

I have gone to the my computer/dialup networking/ new connection to
set it up as you would do for a ord modem BUT it does nto show the
modem it wants to look for a modem .

Is this the USB modem, and is it actually connected to your computer and powered
up?

Hi

Yes it is a usb modem. all powered up and green light on BUT not the
one on the right, that keeps flashing on and off.
Old February 20th 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
build

wrote:
[...]

USB, Only found the PCI speedtouch one on the site
Thank you anyway
Old February 20th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
build

Dr Teeth wrote in message . ..
I think you'll find that a manual is on the CD.

If I'm mistaken, you'll find it on www.google.com

No that is the first place I looked on the cd

Google done a search on that and came up with a load of stuff for the speedtouch
330 version BUT onlyfaults with it. hmmmmmmmm that sounds good