anybody know how long it takes BT to remove a DACS?

Old February 20th 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default anybody know how long it takes BT to remove a DACS?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:31:39 +0000, Alex Boosbeck
wrote:

Hi all, I applied for broadband with Madasafish on the 10th of
Feb, and today (the 19th), they've emailed me saying that they
expect my service to be available by the 22nd Feb. My modem is
still connecting at 28.8k though so assume the DACS is still in
place. Does anybody know if I can assume it'll have been removed
by Tuesday, or how long I can expect to wait?

thanks, Alex.

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately there's no set time, it varies from DACS to DACS and will
depend on the availability of a spare copper pair, a BT engineer, yourself
if the DACS is inside your property, and depending on where the DACS unit
is maybe a cherry picker.
Tuesday is possible because usually once the DACS is gone they can do the
rest of the work to activate the ADSL the same day.

With Regards,

Dave,