Are Plusnet delaying mac code requests?

Old February 20th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BurnyŽ

Default Are Plusnet delaying mac code requests?

I want to phone them up tomorrow to get mine.Its time to leave :-)
Are they using delay tatics?
As i was just reading this

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...anded&sb=5&o=0
Old February 20th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:19:50 +0000, BurnyŽ unknown wrote:

I want to phone them up tomorrow to get mine.Its time to leave :-)
Are they using delay tatics?
As i was just reading this

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...anded&sb=5&o=0

Hi,

No we aren't. All requests for Mac keys are treated the same as
cancellations and are processed by our retention team. They will contact
customers to find out why they wish to cancel/migrate so that we can use
the feedback to improve the service for other customers or to see if there
is something we can do to stop the cancellation.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old February 20th 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BurnyŽ

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:44:14 -0000, "PlusNet Support Team"
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:19:50 +0000, BurnyŽ unknown wrote:

I want to phone them up tomorrow to get mine.Its time to leave :-)
Are they using delay tatics?
As i was just reading this

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...anded&sb=5&o=0

Hi,

No we aren't. All requests for Mac keys are treated the same as
cancellations and are processed by our retention team. They will contact
customers to find out why they wish to cancel/migrate so that we can use
the feedback to improve the service for other customers or to see if there
is something we can do to stop the cancellation.

With Regards,

Dave,

Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

Old February 20th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 at 21:39:19, BurnyŽ (BurnyŽ ) wrote:
Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

It will be interesting to see the "customer service" rating on the
ADSLGuide "compare" page then won't it ?
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Old February 20th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
String

Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

Not everyone can issue mac codes so it could depend who is on duty at
the time and what the queue is - if there are lots of requests (which
given recent changes is likely) it could be delayed. Really should have
it in a few days maximum though.
Old February 20th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BurnyŽ

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:46:33 +0000, Mike NG
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 at 21:39:19, BurnyŽ (BurnyŽ ) wrote:
Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

It will be interesting to see the "customer service" rating on the
ADSLGuide "compare" page then won't it ?

I suppose but Plusnet can do no wrong in some peoples minds ...It
seems like a religion to them...I just want to be excommunicated from
them ;-)
Old February 20th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Mike NG" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 at 21:39:19, BurnyŽ (BurnyŽ ) wrote:
Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

It will be interesting to see the "customer service" rating on the
ADSLGuide "compare" page then won't it ?

Indeed it will, also i not from adsl guide that they were not in the last
top 10 for speed. Perhaps people are finally wising up.

Old February 20th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"String" wrote in message

Theres nothing plusnet can do to stop my cancellation ...I just want
my mac key ...Clara.net gave it to me in minutes ...why cant plus.net
do the same?

Not everyone can issue mac codes so it could depend who is on duty at
the time and what the queue is - if there are lots of requests (which
given recent changes is likely) it could be delayed. Really should have
it in a few days maximum though.

If they cant provide the details that you need to leave at the time you
want them, then they shouldnt continue to charge you once you have put in
the request.

Old February 20th 05, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dutch

"Dave" wrote in message
Thats how it should work, but some ISPs (PN included from the above) seem
to want to talk to you first to perhaps talk you out of moving.
I dunno why they bother to do this, they say its see they can improve the
service in future, but lets face it with any ISP that you want to leave
there is gonna be a reason why you want to leave and IMO you aint gonna
give a stuff about how much they improve or dont improve once you have
left. To me it just seems like a last minute bit of desperation not to
lose a paying customer.

From the days of their claim of 'unlimited dial-up' which wasn't really
unlimited, i'd not recommend plusnet to anybody i know; although that
doesn't diminish from the fact they have newsgroup presence, which most ISPs
can't be bothered with. so woo for you lot for that... but you just
represent a company that's rather strange in their terms.

Of coure, BT are a lot worse, but the less said the better