Pipex customer retention?

Old February 20th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Default Pipex customer retention?

Hi,

I've been on the Pipex solo 500 service for about a couple of years now and
although I've had no problems with the reliability of the service or
anything like that, I'm looking to move up to a faster connection.

The main thing that is putting me off staying with pipex is the cost of
upgrading, they seem to be one of the more expensive ISPs around at the
moment. I could get a 2mb uncapped connection with UK online for 29.99,
the same offering from Pipex would be a penny short of 40 a month.

If I phone Pipex to cancel my subscription are they likely to offer me any
kind of deals or special offers to keep my custom or is there anything
concrete to say pipex will be increasing their service shortly (I know there
have been rumours)

Thanks for any info

Andy

Old February 20th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Andy Hewitt:
[...]

No Pipex won't offer any incentives to stay, they will just say "OK, what is
your reason for leaving, and who are you planning to move to" and then they
say "Right, that's been done, you will receive an email with your MAC key,
thank you for being a Pipex customer, and we hope in future you would consider
re-joining, if you decide you want to remain with Pipex, please call us back,
otherwise your account will be disconnected in 30 days time.", end of call.

You can reach Pipex on: 01707 299 505.

Old February 21st 05, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mo

"Andy Hewitt" chut at dsl dot pipex dot com wrote in message
news:[email protected]

If I phone Pipex to cancel my subscription are they likely to offer me any
kind of deals or special offers to keep my custom or is there anything
concrete to say pipex will be increasing their service shortly (I know
there have been rumours)

Thanks for any info

people on the adslguide.org.uk forums said there may be an annoucnment end
of this week - in that case i would wait til mid next week at least...

Old February 21st 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

"Andy Hewitt" chut at dsl dot pipex dot com wrote in message
Hi,

I've been on the Pipex solo 500 service for about a couple of years now
and although I've had no problems with the reliability of the service or
anything like that, I'm looking to move up to a faster connection.

The main thing that is putting me off staying with pipex is the cost of
upgrading, they seem to be one of the more expensive ISPs around at the
moment. I could get a 2mb uncapped connection with UK online for 29.99,
the same offering from Pipex would be a penny short of 40 a month.

If I phone Pipex to cancel my subscription are they likely to offer me any
kind of deals or special offers to keep my custom or is there anything
concrete to say pipex will be increasing their service shortly (I know
there have been rumours)

I rang on Friday after digging through the Plus.net press release, and was
told by the person on the phone that Pipex would be announcing new options
"soon". I've been with Pipex for 3 years now, I'd be happy to stay with them
offer something similar to Plus.net (18.99 for a faster connection, and I
rarely pull more than 15GB-20GB per month so the 22GB limit peak is fine for
me).

Dan

Old February 22nd 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

"Spack" wrote in message
I rang on Friday after digging through the Plus.net press release, and was
told by the person on the phone that Pipex would be announcing new options
"soon". I've been with Pipex for 3 years now, I'd be happy to stay with
them offer something similar to Plus.net (18.99 for a faster connection,
and I rarely pull more than 15GB-20GB per month so the 22GB limit peak is
fine for me).

Rang again today to put the MAC request through to move to Plus.net, and
Pipex customer support told me (albeit after being on the phone for 20 mins
going through the whole "why are you leaving?" questionnaire) that they're
announcing new products and pricing tomorrow.

Dan

Old February 23rd 05, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Oh well, the new products are a disappointment. My 512k gets upgraded to
1Mbps for free, 2Mbps is 10 more than I pay now, and the Lite options are
pricey too. I'm off to Plus.net - now to go through the hassle of Pipex
support again to request my MAC.

Dan