Plus.net's New plans, who is looking elsewhere.

Old February 21st 05, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Plus.net's New plans, who is looking elsewhere.

I have tried these free dns server and they such, there is nothing better than a static ip address and zoneedit.com anyway you need a static ip for the mail server as most of you emails will be returned with a dynamic not even worth concidering when
a lot of ISP's give static ip's for free.

Old February 21st 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:17:35 -0600,
wrote:

(replying to my comment that you don't need a static IP to run
servers)

I have tried these free dns server and they such, there is nothing better than a static ip address and zoneedit.com

what benefit did you think you got?

anyway you need a static ip for the mail server

no you don't. I've run a mailserver on a dynamic IP for over ten
years.

as most of you emails will be returned with a dynamic not even worth concidering when
a lot of ISP's give static ip's for free.

Sure, but you dont need one so its not a reason to swap ISPs.