new bb connection

Old February 21st 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anexperience

Default new bb connection

Hi, I' after a new adsl connection (first time customer) which will be used
mainly for uploading, If I get one of these cheaper capped acounts do they
limit uploads as well as downloads, the download speed is not an issue.
Secondly is it possible to join 2 broadband connections together to increase
speed

Old February 21st 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"anexperience" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi, I' after a new adsl connection (first time customer) which will be

used
mainly for uploading, If I get one of these cheaper capped acounts do they
limit uploads as well as downloads, the download speed is not an issue.
Secondly is it possible to join 2 broadband connections together to

increase

A cap is a cap on total traffic, uploads + downloads = total

Old February 21st 05, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

":::Jerry::::" wrote in
:

A cap is a cap on total traffic, uploads + downloads = total

Although PlusNet's new allowances in April only applies to downloads.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/
Old February 22nd 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

'aninexperience'
Secondly is it possible to join 2 broadband connections together to
increase speed

In theory yes, in practice it would require special equipment at your ISP,
BT exchange and your place.
With 8Mbs soon to be widely available, it wouldn't make any sense either.
Regards,
Martin

Old February 22nd 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:56:45 -0000, "Martin²" wrote:

'aninexperience'
Secondly is it possible to join 2 broadband connections together to
increase speed

In theory yes, in practice it would require special equipment at your ISP,
BT exchange and your place.
With 8Mbs soon to be widely available, it wouldn't make any sense either.
Regards,
Martin

If you can
I'd be happy with 1meg (63.9db loss over 4.5Km wire)

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old February 23rd 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

anexperience wrote:

Hi, I' after a new adsl connection (first time customer) which will be
used mainly for uploading, If I get one of these cheaper capped acounts do
they limit uploads as well as downloads, the download speed is not an
issue. Secondly is it possible to join 2 broadband connections together to
increase speed

Nildram do true PPP bonded AFAIK

http://www.freestuffjunction.co.uk/bondedadsl.shtml

Andrews and Arnald let you bond upstream in a different way (Spoofing the
IP of one line for packets sent up the other), which may or may not work
with other ISPs (I suspect not now as AAISPs way was broken by BT IIRC -
but I think they worked round it). You need an expensive box from them
- or a good knowlage of Linux.

Andy.