Dial up speed!

Old February 20th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

Default Dial up speed!

"ferret" wrote in message
Hi All,
I am waiting for my broadband connection from F2s, Friday I hope, but

in
the mean time I am still using a dial up connection. Before, I was getting

connection speed of 45 Kbps, but with the new modem connected, Speedtouch
330, it has gone down to 40 Kbs at best. Would this be expected? I know

that
after Friday, all being well, this won't matter but I am curious. ALL
wiring, filters etc are checked to be good and also swapped around so I am
pretty certain that my end is as good as possible. Please don't slag of

the
fact that the Modem is a Speedtouch 330, unless this could be the cause.

TIA
Ferret.

I found that my dialup decreased in speed after my line had been activated.
I would try seeing if you can use your adsl now.
My line was supposed to take 10 days to activate and only took 2 so your
line might have been activated.

Old February 21st 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferret

Hi All,
I am waiting for my broadband connection from F2s, Friday I hope, but in
the mean time I am still using a dial up connection. Before, I was getting a

Old February 21st 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

SwissTony wrote:

I found that my dialup decreased in speed after my line had been activated.
I would try seeing if you can use your adsl now.

Same here. Dropped from 46-48k to 36-38ish. The modem in my company's
lap top refuses to connect all together.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply