V21 migration charge

Old February 22nd 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default V21 migration charge

Is it just me, or does this condition in V21's terms and conditions
seem somewhat devious:

-----------------------
16.8 In the event that V Two One agrees to you migrating your
connection to an alternative provider, you must pay all the Charges
due, up to and including the date of expiry of the Minimum Period, and
you must pay a migration charge of 30.00 including VAT before V Two
One will provide your Migration Authorisation Code.
-----------------------

What could be the justification for charging someone 30.00 to
migrate? (Other than to put them off from migrating, that is).
Old February 22nd 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Steve wrote:
Is it just me, or does this condition in V21's terms and conditions
seem somewhat devious:

-----------------------
16.8 In the event that V Two One agrees to you migrating your
connection to an alternative provider, you must pay all the Charges
due, up to and including the date of expiry of the Minimum Period, and
you must pay a migration charge of 30.00 including VAT before V Two
One will provide your Migration Authorisation Code.
-----------------------

What could be the justification for charging someone 30.00 to
migrate? (Other than to put them off from migrating, that is).

In my opinion a company to avoid. I nearly made an error in joining
them. Read through their ADSL forum for all the strife they have caused
their users since last November when they forcibly migrated all of them
to Telefonica. The 30 charge for a MAC code effectively kept all the
unhappy ones there, and those that were put onto the datastream were
locked in anyway, unless they went for a re-provide.

For some time they denied that the conversion had happened when it was
quite obvious that it had. Some of the comments made by the mods - well
I won't accuse them of lying but..................

There are better ISP's around.

--
Regards

David G