New pricing and package details from PIPEX...

Old February 22nd 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

Default New pricing and package details from PIPEX...

Just read this @ PipexSupport.com:

PIPEX HEATS UP THE BROADBAND MARKET WITH A RAFT OF NEW PRODUCTS AND DOUBLE
SPEED AT NO EXTRA COST

Leading Internet Service Provider PIPEX is today launching a range of
flexible broadband services for new and experienced broadband users alike -
including an unlimited and unrestricted broadband service for 14.99, and a
2 Mbps connection at an industry-leading introductory price of just 14.99
for the first three months, 19.99 thereafter. All prices include a free
modem and set up for new customers.

The new flexible range, PIPEX Lite, allows customers to connect at 2Mbps and
select a monthly usage allocation of 2, 5 or 15 Gigabytes (GB). Extra usage
allocation blocks of 1 GB can then be pre-booked as and when the customer
chooses, for just 2.50 only if used; unused capacity simply rolls on to the
next month. With this flexibility and access to the online monitoring tool,
PIPEX Lite puts customers firmly in control, allowing them not only to
manage their own usage, but also their costs.

PIPEX Lite is ideal for newcomers to the world of broadband who may be
unsure how often they will use the Internet. The option to pre-book extra
usage allocation, with no risk of wastage, is specifically designed to
remove any concerns customers may have of running out of bandwidth part-way
through the month, or being forced to upgrade their service should their
Internet usage increase temporarily.

For the more experienced or heavier users of broadband services the new
PIPEX Solo range includes the keenly priced 1 Mbps and 2Mbps unlimited
services. With speeds of up to 8Mbps available from late Spring (on a
limited trial basis), coupled with the end user speed boost technology
already being used by PIPEX customers, broadband services of tomorrow are
being brought by PIPEX to customers today.

Business customers are also being offered a new pricing structure for
unlimited broadband services at speeds of 1Mbps and 2Mbps. PIPEX is doubling
the speed on some lines and reducing costs on others by up to 240 pa. For
further details, please go to www.pipex.net.
Unlimited users given the World for Free

PIPEX is one of the few remaining ISPs to offer truly unlimited broadband,
PIPEX Solo, with no usage limits, no caps and no lock-ins*. Prices now start
from just 14.99 per month.

As an added incentive to signing up, new customers who purchase one of PIPEX
's 1Mbps or 2Mbps unlimited, 24 x 7, always on broadband services will
receive a week's holiday accommodation absolutely free as part of the World
for Free promotion. Customers are free to choose their own airline and
insurance provider.

Those taking part in the World for Free offer can choose from a range of
exclusive holiday resorts located all round the world: from European
favourites such as Spain and Italy to exotic destinations including Mexico,
Kenya, Florida and Egypt.
Full details of the offer are available at www.solo.pipex.net.
Existing Customers

Existing broadband customers will also be reaping the benefits and enjoying
even more value for money as PIPEX will be participating in the network
upgrade programme recently announced by BT Wholesale.

The majority of existing customers will benefit from the doubling of their
connection speed at no additional cost, subject to line capability.

Dominic Crolla, Managing Director, PIPEX Internet says
"More and more people are getting connected to the internet every day and
with so many different types of competing offers, hidden costs and 12 month
contract lock-ins it is no wonder that today's new broadband customer is
confused. PIPEX is once again leading the way with value for money services
that now put the customer in control and provide flexibility. We have a
great set of unlimited usage services and now, with the new PIPEX Lite
services, we are offering quality services at affordable prices to heavy,
medium and light broadband users."
Notes to Editors

Pricing

Unlimited broadband services
Service Monthly rental - Inc. VAT ()
Solo 250 14.99
Solo 1000 23.44
Solo 2000 33.99

2Mbps Lite broadband services (Monthly rental - Inc. VAT)
2Mbps Lite 2GB usage allocation 19.99 Note first 3 months at 14.99
2Mbps Lite 5GB usage allocation 23.44
2Mbps Lite 15GB usage allocation 27.99

Home Office and Business Broadband Service
Monthly rental - Excl. VAT ()
Home Office 1000 24.95
Home Office 2000 34.95
Business Std 1000 49.95
Business Std 2000 59.95
Business Managed 1000 69.95
Business Managed 2000 79.95

*** notes
A setup fee of 60 + vat is payable for HomeOffice/Business connections and
for Managed accounts there is an Install fee of 215 + vat

Main Terms and Conditions of World for free offer Accommodation voucher is
for a minimum of two and maximum of four people for one week. Voucher
holders may extend their stay for a further week for just 199 per
apartment, subject to availability.

Some of the accommodation offered is on a half-board or all-inclusive basis.
Rates for these are very competitive and, in many cases, discounted for
World for Free customers. Resorts where this applies are clearly highlighted
in the booklet.

Accommodation must be booked within three months of receiving the voucher,
but can be taken up to 12 months from voucher date.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Russell" wrote in message
Just read this @ PipexSupport.com:

PIPEX HEATS UP THE BROADBAND MARKET WITH A RAFT OF NEW PRODUCTS AND DOUBLE
SPEED AT NO EXTRA COST

Yeah but there is no 512 service. What about the customers who cannot get
1mb service? What about current customers on the 512 service, will they be
shipped off to another isp?

Old February 22nd 05, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Decal

Yup, good point. Will they try 1mb on my line?. Dont think it'll work, but
then they said that for 18mths about 512..

--
Cheers
Decal

-------------------------------
decal at dsl dot pipex dot com
-------------------------------

Old February 22nd 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Russell:
Just read this @ PipexSupport.com:

PIPEX HEATS UP THE BROADBAND MARKET WITH A RAFT OF NEW PRODUCTS AND
DOUBLE SPEED AT NO EXTRA COST

Wish I'd had stayed with them now and not moved to Talk Talk!

Old February 23rd 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mo

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Russell:
Just read this @ PipexSupport.com:

PIPEX HEATS UP THE BROADBAND MARKET WITH A RAFT OF NEW PRODUCTS AND
DOUBLE SPEED AT NO EXTRA COST

Wish I'd had stayed with them now and not moved to Talk Talk!

no real advantage for current 1mb users- ok prices go down like 4 or 5 quid
but to go up to the next speed (which i am guessing is what most people
wanted) costs an extra fiver!

theyre having a laff....i will have to stick with 1mb for now as 30quid is
the psychological barrrier which i cannot exceed!

Old February 23rd 05, 08:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Decal wrote:
Yup, good point. Will they try 1mb on my line?. Dont think it'll work, but
then they said that for 18mths about 512..

I only got 512k from Pipex after going on an 'extended reach' trial in
July 2003. I get a rock solid connection, d/s attenuation is 63.5dB.
I hope 1Mb will be the same ?

I was rather hoping for a price reduction of 512k, rather than a 1Mb
upgrade, so I might be on the move if 1 Meg proves flaky.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old February 23rd 05, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Decal wrote:
Yup, good point. Will they try 1mb on my line?. Dont think it'll work,

but
then they said that for 18mths about 512..

I only got 512k from Pipex after going on an 'extended reach' trial in
July 2003. I get a rock solid connection, d/s attenuation is 63.5dB.
I hope 1Mb will be the same ?

I was rather hoping for a price reduction of 512k, rather than a 1Mb
upgrade, so I might be on the move if 1 Meg proves flaky.

Yep, I might do the same. My attenuation according to the BT chap was 62dB
which is just outside the current 1Mbps limits for the line. I hope they
just turn in on and see what happens. If I can't get 1Mbps I don't see why
I should be paying for it, they should have offered a cheaper 512Kbs service
as well.

Old February 23rd 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

I'm off to Plus.net - I'm not a 24/7 P2P user, so 30GB transfer peak time
per month and 2Mbps for 21.99 will do me fine, doubles my line speed over
the free upgrade Pipex will give me on my 512k, is cheaper, and the cap is
of no consequence to me. I've been with Pipex for 3 years, but this new
pricing doesn't impress me. Oh well, off to get my MAC code.

Dan

Old February 23rd 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Decal wrote:
Yup, good point. Will they try 1mb on my line?. Dont think it'll work,
but then they said that for 18mths about 512..

I only got 512k from Pipex after going on an 'extended reach' trial in
July 2003. I get a rock solid connection, d/s attenuation is 63.5dB.
I hope 1Mb will be the same ?

I was rather hoping for a price reduction of 512k, rather than a 1Mb
upgrade, so I might be on the move if 1 Meg proves flaky.

I am in the same position. I was only able to get 512 service last
September after the trials. I have an excellent connection with BTYahpoo
and am concerned if they try and move me to 1mb that the connection will
suffer.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Decal wrote:
Yup, good point. Will they try 1mb on my line?. Dont think it'll work,
but then they said that for 18mths about 512..

I only got 512k from Pipex after going on an 'extended reach' trial in
July 2003. I get a rock solid connection, d/s attenuation is 63.5dB.
I hope 1Mb will be the same ?

I was rather hoping for a price reduction of 512k, rather than a 1Mb
upgrade, so I might be on the move if 1 Meg proves flaky.

I am in the same position. I was only able to get 512 service last
September after the trials. I have an excellent connection with BTYahpoo
and am concerned if they try and move me to 1mb that the connection will
suffer.

The press release does say that customers who are unable to be moved to
1Mbps due to technical issues will be left on the 512k service.

Dan