Zen

Old February 23rd 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bof

Default Zen

Anyone else having problems this morning? Or is all OK where you are?
The connection speed to lots of web sites is appallingly slow here,
along with problems collecting news and email, though some web site
connections seem OK.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Old February 23rd 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alistair Cockeram

[bof wrote in uk.telecom.broadband]

Anyone else having problems this morning? Or is all OK where you are?
The connection speed to lots of web sites is appallingly slow here,
along with problems collecting news and email, though some web site
connections seem OK.

There are reports that adsl customers with the area code 01256 may be
affected by packet loss at the moment. I suspect a MSO may be raised by
BT shortly.
Old February 23rd 05, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.local.hampshire
bof

Default 01256

In message , Alistair
Cockeram writes
[bof wrote in uk.telecom.broadband]

Anyone else having problems this morning? Or is all OK where you are?
The connection speed to lots of web sites is appallingly slow here,
along with problems collecting news and email, though some web site
connections seem OK.

There are reports that adsl customers with the area code 01256 may be
affected by packet loss at the moment. I suspect a MSO may be raised by
BT shortly.

Yes, it seems it's an 01256 area problem, now acknowledged by BT,
annoyingly only after I've spent the last hour and a half taking my
system apart, rejigging and putting it back together to "eliminate
problems with my equipment".

(x-post to u.l.h.)

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Old February 23rd 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Alistair Cockeram wrote:

[bof wrote in uk.telecom.broadband]

Anyone else having problems this morning? Or is all OK where you are?
The connection speed to lots of web sites is appallingly slow here,
along with problems collecting news and email, though some web site
connections seem OK.

There are reports that adsl customers with the area code 01256 may be
affected by packet loss at the moment. I suspect a MSO may be raised by
BT shortly.

Lucky me, I live in the 01255 area

Yes I know that the difference in phone codes has no relation to the
difference in geographical locations!