Belkin ADSL wireless G router and Wanadoo

Old February 23rd 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Belkin ADSL wireless G router and Wanadoo

Having problems with the Belkin router in as much as it doesnt seem to
dial on demand...

I can force a connection no problem and it works fine then for some
reason it will disconnect and not reconnect (tried inputing an external
ip address or requesting a DNS lookup e.g. ping www.google.com) until I
force it to connect by logging into the control application for the
router and pressing the connect button!

The configuration for wanadoo is perfect and the redial checkbox is
checked with an idle time of 60 minutes...

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Martin

Old February 23rd 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 23/02/2005 wrote:

Having problems with the Belkin router in as much as it doesnt seem to
dial on demand...

I can force a connection no problem and it works fine then for some
reason it will disconnect and not reconnect (tried inputing an
external ip address or requesting a DNS lookup e.g. ping
www.google.com) until I force it to connect by logging into the
control application for the router and pressing the connect button!

The configuration for wanadoo is perfect and the redial checkbox is
checked with an idle time of 60 minutes...

Any ideas anyone?

Do you want it to dial on demand?

I have my router set up as 'Always On'.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.2.7
Old February 23rd 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Plowman

wrote in message
ups.com...
Having problems with the Belkin router in as much as it doesnt seem to
dial on demand...

I can force a connection no problem and it works fine then for some
reason it will disconnect and not reconnect (tried inputing an external
ip address or requesting a DNS lookup e.g. ping www.google.com) until I
force it to connect by logging into the control application for the
router and pressing the connect button!

The configuration for wanadoo is perfect and the redial checkbox is
checked with an idle time of 60 minutes...

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Martin

I had the same problem with my Belkin F5D7630uk4. I changed the Idle Time to
0
which means "always on". You can do that by visiting the page
192.168.2.1/atminta.stm/32.

I think some people *may* have fixed the problem by applying the latest
firmware update. My unit is 1.04.03 though there is a 1.08.03 available now
(and I'm not going to fiddle with mine because it works ok!). You can find
it
at http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/index.html and enter *7630* in
the search box. But I don't know if that fixes it or not (does anyone
else?).

I also know some people have installed the firmware for some SMC unit as the
hardware is actually the same (Google search may reveal more). I think they
generally claim it's better, but Iike I said, I'm not fiddling with my
unit!.

Hope that helps
David

Old February 26th 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Jeff

I'm not bothered as long as I don't have to keep diving into the Belkin
config utility to remake the connection...

If I set the dial-on-demand checkbox to both on and off and the effect
is the same, disconnection every so often, with a manual connection to
get back on-line...

Martin

Old February 26th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi David

I have already upgraded to version V.A.1.08.03UK (Jul 8 2004 15:41:37)
in the hope that it may have corrected this problem but it did not
help...

Interesting that you said you set the timeout to 0 to make it
permanently on... I thought it would be setting the dial on demand
checkbox to off?

Anyway I have set it to 0 now with the checkbox off...

I'll see what happens

Cheers

Martin