New Pipex prices?

Old February 23rd 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Default New Pipex prices?

After seing the new prices and now they are active on the website for
ordering. I was wondering how they can afford to offer an unlimited 1mb for
23.44?

I was with pipex for 2 years prior to moving house and decided to try
plusnet as loads of people were raving about them at the time. Now with the
new caps imposed I am looking at migrating out and was al set for Zen but
after these price drops the diference between pipex and zen for unlimited is
about 12 a month.

Is Zen worth the big difference or even maybe be dropping the price some
time soon. Or will it become necessary for Pipex to put some sort of cap on
the solo accounts some time soon?

Simon.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David W.E. Roberts

"Simon" wrote in message
After seing the new prices and now they are active on the website for
ordering. I was wondering how they can afford to offer an unlimited 1mb

for
23.44?

I was with pipex for 2 years prior to moving house and decided to try
plusnet as loads of people were raving about them at the time. Now with

the
new caps imposed I am looking at migrating out and was al set for Zen but
after these price drops the diference between pipex and zen for unlimited

is
about 12 a month.

Is Zen worth the big difference or even maybe be dropping the price some
time soon. Or will it become necessary for Pipex to put some sort of cap

on
the solo accounts some time soon?

Is that a free transfer (like moving to Zen) or will the real cost be
higher?

e.g. 60 installation is 5 extra per month for the first year.

As with the recent changes in gas prices, it is probably better to wait a
month before jumping to see what everyone's new prices are.

Cheers
Dave R

Old February 23rd 05, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

e.g. 60 installation is 5 extra per month for the first year.

Free to migrate but if you leave within 12 months a fee of 58 plus vat is
payable to cover it I think.

As with the recent changes in gas prices, it is probably better to wait a

month before jumping to see what everyone's new prices are.

I know what you mean, I am tempted to wait and see but I do not want to stop
at plusnet thats for sure.

Simon.

Old February 23rd 05, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

We are told by successive governments competition and choice is good for
both suppliers and customers.

Suckers, don't you believe it.

Old February 23rd 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dez

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:11:25 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

We are told by successive governments competition and choice is good for
both suppliers and customers.

Suckers, don't you believe it.

Why? In the case of broadband it's true.
Old February 23rd 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
We are told by successive governments competition and choice is good for
both suppliers and customers.

Only for other people. The majority of MP's are either lawyers or doctors
and neither profession allows outside competition. A free-for-all in every
other profession is a good way of forcing down the consumer Retail Price
Index and since most government expenditure is pegged to the level of the
RPI it's a back-door way of reducing their own expenses.

What I don't get is if the cost of phone calls is coming down how come my
phone bill is always higher than the previous quarter?

(kim)