monitoring broadband connection

Old February 24th 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dgibbon

Default monitoring broadband connection

with my old dialup (pre broadband) there was an icon (two computers)
on the start bar in the bottom right corner by the time. when you
click on this icon you could not only disconnect but get some info
about bytes sent and received.
is there something similar i can use on my win98 box that will give me
realtime info about the broadband connection.
I have a netgear dg824m adsl wireless router/modem, that gives two
other PCs access to the wan and internet.
Old February 24th 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

You certainly have that on XP, which shows the Lan or Wan connection
speed etc
Perhaps there's a Win98 Update on microsoft site

Old February 24th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dgibbon

thanks for the info Grant, i'll give those programs a go/test