Looking for easy 1-2-3 router and LAN set up instructions

Old February 24th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon

Default Looking for easy 1-2-3 router and LAN set up instructions

We are being broadband activated tomorrow. (Friday). We have been sent
by my Wife's company a D-Link DSL 502T Router. (The company are
supplying and paying for, the broadband connection!)
I already have a LAN which I set up myself between my laptop and my
Desktop via a Netgear 4 port hub. What will happen is that my Wife's
laptop and the router will both connect into the remaining two ports on
the hub. All machines are running XP, mine are SP2 (not sure about the
wife's as it's a new machine that hasn't been switched on yet)
I need easy to understand (ie 1. connect router. 2. configure router.
3. do x on machine 1. 2 do x on machine 2 etc etc) steps in order to
allow all three machines to share the broadband connection. (I've had a
look at adslguide.org and practicallynetworked.com and there doesn't
seem to be what I'm looking for there). The manual with the router is a
bit confusing and complicated!

Thanks
Old February 24th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dennis

Gordon wrote:
[...]

Try this site, I found the info both helpful and easy to use.
Click on networks on the left and then broadband (the files are pdf so
you can save and print)

http://www.microdiy.co.uk/index.html