differing db readings

Old February 24th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default differing db readings

My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into accepting my
router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

Old February 24th 05, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Beck wrote:
My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into
accepting my router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

You don't as your router may measuring at a different set of frequencies
than BT do. The only way to get things changed is to get a BT DSL equiped &
trained engineer on site to measure...

Old February 24th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Beck wrote:

My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into accepting my
router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

Just provide them with your in-date router calibration certificate that
proves your router is showing the correct figure.

I'm sure they will give it to you then.

Oh and post it by special delivery so you know it gets there.

Old February 24th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Beck wrote:
My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into
accepting my router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

You don't as your router may measuring at a different set of frequencies
than BT do. The only way to get things changed is to get a BT DSL equiped
& trained engineer on site to measure...

hmm that may prove difficult.

Old February 24th 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Beck wrote:

My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into
accepting my router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

Just provide them with your in-date router calibration certificate
that proves your router is showing the correct figure.

How do I get this?

I think the sarcasm just went whoosh over the OP's head....

Old February 24th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Beck wrote:

My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into
accepting my router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

Just provide them with your in-date router calibration certificate
that proves your router is showing the correct figure.

How do I get this?

I think the sarcasm just went whoosh over the OP's head....

Sorry, I am not into technical jargon so would not know if he was joking or
not.

Old February 24th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Beck wrote:

My router says 58db, BT says its 62db. How do I force BT into
accepting my router reading and giving me 1mb broadband?

Just provide them with your in-date router calibration certificate
that proves your router is showing the correct figure.

How do I get this?

I think the sarcasm just went whoosh over the OP's head....

Yes, sorry

basically your equipment is uncalibrated, will never be calibrated and
as such will only ever be an approximate figure.

BTs equipment costs 1000's of quids, your router was probably 35

So the answer to your original query is 'never'
Old February 24th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"johnydeath" wrote in message

Yes, sorry

basically your equipment is uncalibrated, will never be calibrated and as
such will only ever be an approximate figure.

BTs equipment costs 1000's of quids, your router was probably 35

So the answer to your original query is 'never'

But it has been proven many times that BT's system is not correct.
Countless times BT have refused connection to adsl, but a manual order by
another isp has gotten the customer adsl.

Old February 24th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart M

"Beck" wrote in message

"johnydeath" wrote in message

Yes, sorry

basically your equipment is uncalibrated, will never be calibrated and as
such will only ever be an approximate figure.

BTs equipment costs 1000's of quids, your router was probably 35

So the answer to your original query is 'never'

But it has been proven many times that BT's system is not correct.
Countless times BT have refused connection to adsl, but a manual order by
another isp has gotten the customer adsl.

I think you have found your answer...........

..