how do you get the s/n ratio of the line etc?

Old February 24th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Default how do you get the s/n ratio of the line etc?

Alex, Boosbeck. wrote:
Am using a Voyager 105 USB modem, with Madasafish 2Mb

ADSLguide speed test is showing the following.

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 1855 Kbps (231.9 KB/sec) 2003 Kbps
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps

To answer your question you don't with that 'modem' unless you've got the BT
'in house' ADSL Toolbox/APTS tester software...

Old February 25th 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:34:56 -0000, "kraftee" [email protected]&
die.com wrote:

To answer your question you don't with that 'modem' unless you've got the BT
'in house' ADSL Toolbox/APTS tester software...

the 105 has hidden features, revealed by Ctrl/F1 when the control
panel applet is open by double clicking the systray icon. May require
current driver software download from
http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb105/pcdownload.htm

the 105 is handy for line stats, graphs etc as they are cheap on Ebay

Phil

Old February 25th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

die.com wrote:

To answer your question you don't with that 'modem' unless you've got the BT
'in house' ADSL Toolbox/APTS tester software...

the 105 has hidden features, revealed by Ctrl/F1 when the control
panel applet is open by double clicking the systray icon. May require
current driver software download from
http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb105/pcdownload.htm

the 105 is handy for line stats, graphs etc as they are cheap on Ebay

Are there any handy ways of doing this sort of thing with an Alcatel
Speedtouch PCI modem. I'm getting near 2MB and will wonder if my line
can be stretched further when the 8MB trials come in soon
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Old February 25th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:39:51 +0000, Mike NG
wrote:

Are there any handy ways of doing this sort of thing with an Alcatel
Speedtouch PCI modem.

don't know, others may...
does it come with any diagnostic software, or provide a Telnet
interface ?

I'm getting near 2MB and will wonder if my line
can be stretched further when the 8MB trials come in soon

"near 2M" ? it either syncs at 2M or it fails, shirley.

Phil

Old February 25th 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 at 13:35:13, Phil Thompson (Phil Thompson
) wrote:
I'm getting near 2MB and will wonder if my line
can be stretched further when the 8MB trials come in soon

"near 2M" ? it either syncs at 2M or it fails, shirley.

Well where do I see my true download speed then if I am sharing a lot of
contention? I used ADSLguide this am and got this

Downstream 1876 Kbps (234.5 KB/sec) 2026 Kbps (inc. overheads)

which I guess is just short of the mark