Alcatel PCI BSOD

Old February 24th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

Default Alcatel PCI BSOD

I got one of these from Scan, and have used the latest drivers

Followed this page
http://www.svcheats.co.uk/alpci.htm
and I am synched OK.

The icon in the system tray is correctly showing downstream 2MB,
upstream 256 and I am with freedom2surf. However when I click on the
connect icon, I get a BSOD. It could either be after success/fail to
check password, but it certainly wasn't happening before my line was
activated and I clicked on that out of curiosity

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:EC47BC3A in VxD --- . This was
called from 0028:C001D218 in VxD NDIS (01) + 00005B30

WinME and used both of these versions but to no avail
http://www.candw.gd/internet/support/index.asp
http://www.itexinc.com/alcatel/

Any ideas?
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Old February 24th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Mike NG" wrote in message
I got one of these from Scan, and have used the latest drivers

Followed this page
http://www.svcheats.co.uk/alpci.htm
and I am synched OK.

The icon in the system tray is correctly showing downstream 2MB, upstream
256 and I am with freedom2surf. However when I click on the connect icon,
I get a BSOD. It could either be after success/fail to check password,
but it certainly wasn't happening before my line was activated and I
clicked on that out of curiosity

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:EC47BC3A in VxD --- . This was
called from 0028:C001D218 in VxD NDIS (01) + 00005B30

WinME and used both of these versions but to no avail
http://www.candw.gd/internet/support/index.asp
http://www.itexinc.com/alcatel/

Any ideas?

Its possible you have a PCI card confliction. I have that problem if I use
the 5th PCI slot in my computer, it doesn't like to be used as it conflicts
with the soundcard.

Right click my computer, go to properties, and then on device manager. In
device manager, go to view, resources by type. Then click on the plus sign
down by Interrupt request.
Check the list for different items using the same IRQ number. Some items
use the same number and may not pose a problem - for example, my IRQ 10 is
used by both my modem and my ethernet adaptor, but I don't require the modem
so it does not pose a problem.
Look down the list for your PCI adsl modem and see if it is sharing a number
with something else. If it is, try moving the pci card to another slot if
you have a spare one. If you have no spare slot, there is a way of changing
the irq numbers reserved for items, but I am unsure on how to do this within
the OS.

Old February 25th 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 at 21:32:06, Beck (Beck
) wrote:

"Mike NG" wrote in message
[...]

Actually I did a google search on some of the numbers, and it's a
conflict between it and sygate personal firewall. I am up and running
now and happy, although I obviously need to find another firewall
Old February 25th 05, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Mike NG" wrote in message

Actually I did a google search on some of the numbers, and it's a conflict
between it and sygate personal firewall. I am up and running now and
happy, although I obviously need to find another firewall

Glad you got it sorted. Strange for it to bsod on you. Did googling say
why it occurred? I use Sygate with no problems, maybe it just does not like
certain modems.

Old February 25th 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 at 12:40:15, Beck (Beck
) wrote:

"Mike NG" wrote in message

Actually I did a google search on some of the numbers, and it's a conflict
between it and sygate personal firewall. I am up and running now and
happy, although I obviously need to find another firewall

Glad you got it sorted. Strange for it to bsod on you. Did googling say
why it occurred? I use Sygate with no problems, maybe it just does not like
certain modems.

I didn't look that far - it was just another users experience. I was
just so pleased to get my ADSL line running that I just ran the puter
for a short while without a firewall. When I make my min up on a router
I may go back to sygate. ZA seems to be working quite well for me now