Tiscali Will Not Give MAC

Old February 25th 05, 07:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Discali

Default Tiscali Will Not Give MAC

Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

Any similar Tiscali Experiences?
Old February 25th 05, 07:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brax

"Discali" wrote in message
Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

Any similar Tiscali Experiences?

Yes, I had the same problems in December 2004...

I just stoped my Direct Debit and they just cut the *service*, a few months
later,
I tested the water and managed to sign up with another BB provider.

Old February 25th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jimbob

Brax wrote:
I just stoped my Direct Debit and they just cut the *service*, a few
months later,

So you had no BB for a few months?

Old February 25th 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brax

"Jimbob" wrote in message
Brax wrote:
I just stoped my Direct Debit and they just cut the *service*, a few
months later,

So you had no BB for a few months?

Didn't bother me as I was away for a cpl of months

Old February 25th 05, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"Discali" wrote in message
Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

That's an insult to Teletubbies !

Old February 25th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brax

"Discali" wrote in message
Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

Any similar Tiscali Experiences?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/faq.html#faq27
*How do I cancel my Bundled Broadband and Telephone Services?
Provided you are no longer bound by contract for either of the services, you
may cancel your services by calling the Broadband cancellation line - Call
0845 077 4488.

*If I cancel my broadband account how long will it take for my line to be
released?
It will take approximately 10 to 15 days to release your telephone line.
This is because a BT engineer will need to go out to your local exchange to
physically disconnect your line from the Tiscali network and to restore the
original configuration of your line.

Old February 25th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Discali wrote:
Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

Any similar Tiscali Experiences?

Tiscali supplies DSL via data stream. most other ISP's don't so you would
have problems migrating anyway, as you can only migrate like for like...

Old February 25th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

"Discali" wrote in message
Hi uk.t.b,

Tiscali Broadband "does not support migration" all they will give is
the CBUK number - am I able to migrate from these cowboys with just
the CBUK - how do I get Tiscali's Teletubbies to gimme a MAC?

Any similar Tiscali Experiences?

Complain to ISPA, seek advice from Citizens Advice, call OFCOM. Call back
ask to speak to manager, with the info gotten from above agencys

Stephen

Old February 25th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Stephen Wray wrote:

: Complain to ISPA, seek advice from Citizens Advice, call OFCOM. Call back
: ask to speak to manager, with the info gotten from above agencys

It would be pointless! What Tiscali probably meant was that they use
DataStream. You cannot migrate from a DataStream provider to the (more common)
IPStream.
Old February 25th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Stephen Wray wrote:

: Complain to ISPA, seek advice from Citizens Advice, call OFCOM. Call

back
: ask to speak to manager, with the info gotten from above agencys

It would be pointless! What Tiscali probably meant was that they use
DataStream. You cannot migrate from a DataStream provider to the (more

common)
IPStream.

CBUK number was what was used before BTWholesale came up with MAC codes to
make migration easier, if they are still offering CBUK then would have
thought they are still using IPStream.

Stephen