PIPEX Users

Old February 28th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mandinka

Default PIPEX Users

I have been with pipex adsl for a year now on their Solo 500 service. I pay
around 23-00 for unlimited used

However, just checked their website :

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/

and they are providing 1 meg service for the same price.

Should existing users get an automatic upgrade ?

TIA

Old February 28th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mandinka:
I have been with pipex adsl for a year now on their Solo 500 service.
I pay around 23-00 for unlimited used

However, just checked their website :

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/

and they are providing 1 meg service for the same price.

Should existing users get an automatic upgrade ?

TIA

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to when BT who
are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is happening now and will take up
until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may find BT
was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
Free Calendar: http://www.bextech.me.uk/calendar

Old February 28th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Mandinka:

I have been with pipex adsl for a year now on their Solo 500 service.
I pay around 23-00 for unlimited used

However, just checked their website :

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/

and they are providing 1 meg service for the same price.

Should existing users get an automatic upgrade ?

TIA

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to when BT who
are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is happening now and will take up
until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may find BT
was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

Or if you can't get the 1Mb service due to length restrictions (ha, who
said size does not matter), you will stay on the 1/2Mb service for the
same price.
Old February 28th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mandinka

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to when

BT who
are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is happening now and will

take up
until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may

find BT
was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

Or if you can't get the 1Mb service due to length restrictions (ha, who
said size does not matter), you will stay on the 1/2Mb service for the
same price.

when you mean length.. do you mean distance from exchange to home ?

Old February 28th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mandinka

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Mandinka:
I have been with pipex adsl for a year now on their Solo 500 service.
I pay around 23-00 for unlimited used

However, just checked their website :

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/

and they are providing 1 meg service for the same price.

Should existing users get an automatic upgrade ?

TIA

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to when BT

who
are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is happening now and will

take up
until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may find

BT
was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

--

thanks for that. I didnt get anything from pipex regarding this. do you
have a url where this is stated on pipex's site ?

cheers

Old February 28th 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mandinka:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Mandinka:
I have been with pipex adsl for a year now on their Solo 500
service. I pay around 23-00 for unlimited used

However, just checked their website :

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/

and they are providing 1 meg service for the same price.

Should existing users get an automatic upgrade ?

TIA

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to
when BT who are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is
happening now and will take up until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may
find BT was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

--

thanks for that. I didnt get anything from pipex regarding this. do
you have a url where this is stated on pipex's site ?

cheers

Myself and others have spoken to Pipex and they informed us of this over the
phone. Call Pipex on 01707 299 507.

Old February 28th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Mandinka wrote:

Existing users will get an automatic upgrade, though it is down to when

BT who

are upgraded all the exchanges, this upgrade is happening now and will

take up

until August to complete.

If you can't wait, you can pay 15 and get upgraded now, but you may

find BT

was going to upgraded your exchange within weeks anyway.

Or if you can't get the 1Mb service due to length restrictions (ha, who
said size does not matter), you will stay on the 1/2Mb service for the
same price.

when you mean length.. do you mean distance from exchange to home ?

yup, if its technically impossible you wont be able to get it - as is in
my case. I can get 1/2Mb ok but not 1Mb.

Ordered my MAC yesterday. I'm off to try adsl4less at 14.99 per month
plus a one off 14.99 migration fee, for the same service (hopefully)
with only a 1 month notice if it all goes pear shaped.
Old February 28th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh johnydeath:
Mandinka wrote:

[...]

ADSL4Less do not have a news server, so you will need to find one from
elsewhere if you are currently using the Giganews one via Pipex.
news.individual.net run one for 10Euro.

ADSL4Less also do not provide webspace.

Old February 28th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mandinka

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Mandinka:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Mandinka:
[...]

cheers once again

Old February 28th 05, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

ADSL4Less do not have a news server, so you will need to find one from
elsewhere if you are currently using the Giganews one via Pipex.
news.individual.net run one for 10Euro.

ADSL4Less also do not provide webspace.

Thanks for that, not worried about webspace but a newserver would be
useful. With a 100 annum saving over Pipex, 10E a year is affordable
and the remainder is still better in my pocket )