Two Adsl Accounts

Old February 28th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mandinka

Default Two Adsl Accounts

quick question.

If person 'A' uses say pipex adsl at address 'A'

and person 'B' uses zen adsl at address 'B'

now can person 'A' login using his pipex login details at address 'B' ?

and similarly, can person 'B' login using his zen login details at address
'A' ?

Tia

Old February 28th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:16:54 -0000, "Mandinka"
wrote:

quick question.

If person 'A' uses say pipex adsl at address 'A'

and person 'B' uses zen adsl at address 'B'

now can person 'A' login using his pipex login details at address 'B' ?

and similarly, can person 'B' login using his zen login details at address
'A' ?

They shouldn't able to, no. If they both used the same realm on the
asm USP then they should be able to.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old February 28th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Mandinka" wrote in message
quick question.

If person 'A' uses say pipex adsl at address 'A'

and person 'B' uses zen adsl at address 'B'

now can person 'A' login using his pipex login details at address 'B' ?

and similarly, can person 'B' login using his zen login details at
address
'A' ?

Not on the same physical phone line. ADSL accounts are tied to a line.

Ivor

Old February 28th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bal

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Mandinka" wrote in message
quick question.

If person 'A' uses say pipex adsl at address 'A'

and person 'B' uses zen adsl at address 'B'

now can person 'A' login using his pipex login details at address 'B' ?

and similarly, can person 'B' login using his zen login details at
address
'A' ?

Not on the same physical phone line. ADSL accounts are tied to a line.

Ivor

Not entirely true. I have two lines at home, one with an active broadband
account and another on which the account was closed. However both lines are
still ADSL enabled and I was able to use my PIPEX account details to logon
to either line even though one of them was originally with a different ISP.
However I have since left PIPEX and my new ISP account details will not
allow me to logon to the old line. So in theory it is possible but not a
dead cert.

Bal

Old February 28th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

Not entirely true. I have two lines at home, one with an active broadband
account and another on which the account was closed. However both lines
are still ADSL enabled and I was able to use my PIPEX account details to
logon to either line even though one of them was originally with a
different ISP. However I have since left PIPEX and my new ISP account
details will not allow me to logon to the old line. So in theory it is
possible but not a dead cert.

Bal

I have seen this before with Pipex accounts. A friend of mine can log on
with his Pipex details at any site he visits regardless of ISP or SSB. And
yes I do mean with a USB modem, his user name and password. This is the
main reason for staying with them, because of flexability this gives him.

Phill H

Old February 28th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Mandinka" wrote in message
quick question.

If person 'A' uses say pipex adsl at address 'A'

and person 'B' uses zen adsl at address 'B'

now can person 'A' login using his pipex login details at address 'B' ?

and similarly, can person 'B' login using his zen login details at address
'A' ?

No but Person A can use person B's login details on person A's computer at
person B's address :-)