Moderator Madness at PLUSnet

Old February 28th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ibc01

Default Moderator Madness at PLUSnet

Moderators at PLUSnet seem to have lost it, it seems that they can'
cope with customers raising legitimate complaints and so they hav
started banning people.

It seems

You are not allowed to go off topic
You are not allowed to draw attention to yourself (whatever that means

You are not allowed to discuss related issues

Some people think this is a pathetic attempt to silence those that hav
complained about the unFair Usage Policy or the moderators themselves.

When I got wind of this I made the following post and was BANNE
myself.

I will leave you to draw you own conclusions.

If you want to post read these threads login as guest with a passwor
of guest. If you want to post, then I suggest your sign up for a dia
account and login to their web portal via your usual connection.

"JohnEssex" Wrote:

Strict Application of Forum Rules
"Anybody who posts in a manner that attacks another individual o
hijacks threads taking them off topic for their own ends will hav
their posting rights removed without notice for a period of on
calendar month to allow the situation to cool down.
After the expiry of this month they will be re admitted to the forum
but should they again draw attention to themselves in the same way the
will receive a permanent ban. "

HERE is what I tried to post

Well if anything highlights the need to discuss PLUSnet moderators an
their abuse of powers THIS DOES.

Over the last week I have noticed a few things that really demonstrat
this:

Any post that legitimately relates the issue to the "unFair Usag
Policy" gets locked.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25506
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25512
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25475

Posts that seeks to discuss the unFUP get locked

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25017
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25258
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25416

Yet sychophantic pro unFUP posts are left alone.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25011
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25442

Two threads that were started to abuse a member (me) who complaine
about the unFUP were locked but left up, effectively creating
libellous situation and not even giving a right to defend myself. I
was only when I contacted a moderator that these were removed and eve
then the PM notice of removal had an air of sarcasm in it.

Two Pro FUP threads have been stuck at the top of the customer feedbac
forum, people who are against the FUP have no such facility (I am abou
to write one so let’s see).

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25391
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25258

Yet when one of those threads starts discussing unFUP in a negativ
way, it gets split so that the negative comments eventually go off pag
1
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25432

The final nail in the coffin is the draconian abuse on free speech i
the warning above. Basically it seems to be saying “discuss FUP an
your out”. Incidentally this thread is duplicated, is that not a breac
of rules:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25547
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25548

So it seems that the moderators do not want to see the FUP discussed,
am not sure if this is at the behest of PLUSnet management or becaus
people have dared to open a thread to discuss moderators.

Some have dared to discuss the issue and have even accused PlusNe
moderators of changing the subject:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=25537

I noticed that one thread was locked but the moderator managed to pu
in a final comment, is this not an abuse of power? After all if I had
started writing and the thread was locked, I am not allow to post even
if “I started writing this post before the thread was locked” as quoted
in the message.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...25506&start=30

As is seems that I am likely to be cut off for expressing my
dissatisfaction with PLUSnet and the FUP, I have decided to make this
post in as many forums as I can, at least then we can be assured of
some FREE SPEECH.

Seriously, whilst I appreciate the difficulty in moderating at the
moment, do you really think this is fair and unbiased moderation?

For the record, as the originator of this thread, I am happy to see a
lively debate about moderators and the FUP if YOU feel it is relevant
to the discussion. PLEASE let us avoid personal attacks although I
recognise that you may need to name a moderator if you are complaining
about a specific incident.

--
ibc01
Old February 28th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

ibc01 wrote:
Moderators at PLUSnet seem to have lost it, it seems that they can't
cope with customers raising legitimate complaints and so they have
started banning people.

That only applies to the forums. You know about newsgroups so why not use
their newsgroups instead.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old February 28th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeremy Clarkson's Hat

"ibc01" wrote in message

snip total load of ********

Blah blah blah blah.

I will leave you to draw you own conclusions.

I got bored listening to your whining.

--
ibc01

Why don't you open a fruit stall? Get a job, Milky Milky.

Old March 3rd 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
haylow50

ibc01 wrote in message ...
Moderators at PLUSnet seem to have lost it, it seems that they can't
cope with customers raising legitimate complaints and so they have
started banning people.

ALL moderators are assssholes , it goes to their heads like little hitlers ,
you see they have nothing better to do .find another forum and they will vanish
when every poster ****es off elsewhere .