"User Isolation" on Wifi

Old March 1st 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LJM

Default "User Isolation" on Wifi

I'm just reviewing my wireless security and due to documentation
shortcomings, I have no idea what the "User Isolation" (wireless)
setting does. Anybody?

This option definitely wasn't on my last (3Com) AP.
--
Lee J. Moore
"Life is short, art is long."
Old March 1st 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"LJM" wrote in message
I'm just reviewing my wireless security and due to documentation
shortcomings, I have no idea what the "User Isolation" (wireless)
setting does. Anybody?

This option definitely wasn't on my last (3Com) AP.

It stops clients from detecting other clients on the same wireless network.
Useful for admins setting up hotspots.

Old March 2nd 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LJM

Friends, Pete M Williams, countrymen, lend me your newsreaders:

"LJM" wrote in message
I'm just reviewing my wireless security and due to documentation
shortcomings, I have no idea what the "User Isolation" (wireless)
setting does. Anybody?

This option definitely wasn't on my last (3Com) AP.

It stops clients from detecting other clients on the same wireless network.
Useful for admins setting up hotspots.

Ah, ta for that. :-)
--
Lee J. Moore