Pipex v.Plusnet 1Mb

Old March 2nd 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Default Pipex v.Plusnet 1Mb

Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Chris

Old March 2nd 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Kris" wrote in message
Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Nope thats pipexs new price for "UNLIMITED" 1 meg )
and thats Pusnets price for like you say a capped service.
I had this conversation a week or so ago in another thread where i said
about PN reducing the amount people can use the service, yet not reducing
the price.

Old March 2nd 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dan

Plusnet is now looking rather expensive. Sudden change! Not too long ago
they were one of the cheapest.

Dan

Old March 2nd 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

..... and Pipex are offering 2 months free to migrate.

Old March 2nd 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:18:06 -0000, "Kris"
wrote:

Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

.... and Pipex are offering 2 months free to migrate.

....and if enough people suddenly migrate from the ISPs that have
recently discovered caps you will find in a few months time that Pipex
Solo is all of a sudden somewhat less unlimited...
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old March 3rd 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:18:24 -0000, "Kris"
wrote:

Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Chris

Hi there,

We constanlty review our pricing and products and this has not
changed. We have some very exciting products in the pipeline and I
guarantee the pricing will be competative.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old March 4th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

"Kris" wrote in message
Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Aren't PN upgrading that 1Mb to 2Mb in April? If so, then compare to Pipex -
their 2Mb is 33.99 a month, so will then cost more than PN.

Me, I've just put my application to migrate away from Pipex over to PN to
their 21.99 Premier service - I'd rarely get near the 30GB peak cap (maybe
once a year, I tend to dl around 5GB - 15GB per month), and get 2Mbps for
less than the 1Mbps from Pipex. Suits me

Dan

Old March 4th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Spack" wrote in message

"Kris" wrote in message
Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Aren't PN upgrading that 1Mb to 2Mb in April? If so, then compare to

Pipex -
their 2Mb is 33.99 a month, so will then cost more than PN.

Yeah but it aint capped

Me, I've just put my application to migrate away from Pipex over to PN to
their 21.99 Premier service - I'd rarely get near the 30GB peak cap

(maybe
once a year, I tend to dl around 5GB - 15GB per month), and get 2Mbps for
less than the 1Mbps from Pipex. Suits me

Well if you can live with the capping its fine

Old March 4th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote:

Pipex Solo 1000 1Mb unlimited 23.44
Plusnet Premier 1 Mb'capped' unlimited 29.99

Is this a temporary price difference? if it isn't I'll be
moving.

Chris

Hi there,

We constanlty review our pricing and products and this has not
changed. We have some very exciting products in the pipeline and I
guarantee the pricing will be competative.

*TRANSLATION*
We will soon be offering the new BT services up to speedy 8 meg,
uinfortunately it will be capped so this type of speed will be of little
use to anyone.